Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late season help

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Amazing! Glad to see he's still alive for sure. I bet that feels almost as good as killing him.

Yeah actually it does, lol. I'm just so blown away by the whole thing and impressed with these creatures that I don't even care what happens now. But I am going to try to kill him. Only three days left but it's on.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Told ya he'd be back by the weekend...lol

Yep you called that one! Anything's possible at this point and I'm not giving up but no Rudolph sightings tonight (actually saw zero deer for the first time in awhile). I'm going to try an hour in the morning since he was on the camera early this morning.

Honestly I'm just glad he didn't go off and bleed to death somewhere, that's the big thing for me right now. I'm sure he's not feeling himself right now but from the video he appears to be getting around alright. Kind of hoping he's staying close to the corn to conserve energy and maybe he'll give me a second shot.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Yep you called that one! Anything's possible at this point and I'm not giving up but no Rudolph sightings tonight (actually saw zero deer for the first time in awhile). I'm going to try an hour in the morning since he was on the camera early this morning.

Honestly I'm just glad he didn't go off and bleed to death somewhere, that's the big thing for me right now. I'm sure he's not feeling himself right now but from the video he appears to be getting around alright. Kind of hoping he's staying close to the corn to conserve energy and maybe he'll give me a second shot.

I honestly wouldn't even try mornings over a bait pile. That's just my opinion...

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I decided to sleep in this morning, bad idea. I walked to my back window and there were two deer hanging out by the corn pile. Like a dumbass I decided to try to sneak up on them and got about 50 yards from them before they took off. Couldn't tell if it was my buck or not since it was still a little dark but I don't think so.

I'll be out for the last few hours tonight and then I'm going to put in as much time as possible tomorrow for the last day. Probably do an hour in the morning and about the last 4 hours of the day to finish off the season.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Thanks guys! I got the scent smoker going with my clothes hanging over it on a step ladder right now and the wind is in my favor again. Hoping they get up and move around a little earlier than usual with this warm weather. I'll be posted up by 3:00 today.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Took the camera down for the season after this morning's rainy uneventful hunt. I will be back out tonight for one last chance and finally got a good picture of this deer I've been talking about facing the camera. The time is wrong, I bumped the button when I was taking it back off video mode.

Attachments

• WGI_0121.jpg
    WGI_0121.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 84