Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Las Vegas Shooting

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No, BUT, we did put more of an emphasis on activities that got you put on a watch list
I caught a terrorist. Said no TSA agent ever.

So we put this guy on a watch list for buying 33 guns in a year. Do we assign an FBI agent to follow him around for the rest of his life? It took him 10 minutes to kill all those people.

Speaking of that. Luckily the guy didn't continue shooting. He stopped shooting after 10 minutes but still had plenty of ammo. Police were on the same floor as the shooter within 12 minutes of the first shot but didn't breech his room for another 70 minutes. They knew what room he was in because when they arrived on the floor a wounded security guard who had been shot through the door told them exactly where he was.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
To me playing golf and watching NFL, baseball and basketball games are a total waste of good time. I would rather watch ants crawling around on the sidewalk.
But just because I don't think it's a good idea I don't want it banned. Well maybe NFL because of the stupid protest that's pulling this great country apart.
As stated no gun is evil and can not commit a evil deed. It's the evil minded person who does the evil deed.
This shooter could have caused the same damage with just one or 2 guns. It was a twisted mind to have 33 guns in that hotel room. I'm still not understanding the so called 33 guns problem? I ask why not?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
C'mon people, this guy bought 33 guns in less than a year from gun stores in 4 states. Many of which I assume were assault type rifles. This raised no red flags anywhere. Tells me that something is wrong with the so called background checks.
So have I. Is that an issue?

One thing I will say, from a mechanical engineering background, is as long as there is steel on this earth guns will be available in some way shape or form.

You can ban all you want, as they have in France, but you will never keep guns out of your country and out of the wrong hands. They WILL come from somewhere.

Steelheadtracker

C'mon people, this guy bought 33 guns in less than a year from gun stores in 4 states. Many of which I assume were assault type rifles. This raised no red flags anywhere. Tells me that something is wrong with the so called background checks.

Technically an assault rifle has to be selective fire ie semi to full auto or 3 round burst. So, no, not assault rifles.

Bigcountry40

Joe those pictures you posted, was the brass already cleaned up? I meant to ask but never did day ago, I've seen it brought up several times on fb, is there an explanation for no brass being present in those pictures?

Wmiller07

rsmith

I would be mad if they said lets ban anything over a 50 round mag, but quite frankly the bump stocks are useless in my opinion. I don’t feel we are losing any “gun rights” by losing bump stocks. And they aren’t going to come knocking on your door for them either they just will put them out of production so it isn’t that big of a deal.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I would be mad if they said lets ban anything over a 50 round mag, but quite frankly the bump stocks are useless in my opinion. I don’t feel we are losing any “gun rights” by losing bump stocks. And they aren’t going to come knocking on your door for them either they just will put them out of production so it isn’t that big of a deal.
Its a huge deal. Start giving ground and whats next. They don't stop. Did the gays stop once they received the right to get married? No. They then started targeting people like bakeries, florists etc. Did the left stop with confederate statues, no, now they're going after statues of Lincoln, Jefferson, and columbus. You can't feed the alligator a snack and expect it to be full. It simply deepens their hunger.