Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Landowner help

rsmith

Quick question. How do you guys get the last name of a property owner by there address. I just made up a couple packets to drop off at some neighbors houses and would like to have at least " to Mr. What's your nuts" instead of "to whom it may concern". I don't feel good about doing this but I can't seem to stop by at the right time for him to talk as he always seems like he is busy and I don't want to burden him at the wrong time so I figured I would make a nice trifold pamphlet with a sincere cover letter and drop it off for him to kind of check out and get to know me a little bit and hopefully allow me to hunt there. Does anyone got any idea on how to get his last name cause all I know is his first name and hate calling people, especially people I want to try and show respect towards, by there first name. I don't even call my girlfriends parents by there first name and we have been together for 3 years haha. Just the way I was taught. But anyways back to the situation, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Most county auditor websites have a decent property search engine. Visit the site, search for the property by address, and it should give you the owner's name. Hope this helps!

rsmith

Okay just downloaded that app and on my gosh! I freaking love this app! I have been doing it wrong for all these years. This app is a game changer! Thanks for the suggestion to get OnX Hunt map Bigslam! Greatly appreciate the help guys!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
No problem man, you should have a week for free then you have to buy it if you want all the features. That app has helped me get a deer hunting property, and 2 shed hunting spots.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just FYI, the auditor's page is free. The app Chad suggested is nice, but you get the same info for free if guys don't want to buy an app.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd have to check, but I would guess ONX is pulling it's SHP file data from the auditor's themselves since that's who has the GIS data.