Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Norman Bound

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Our second annual lake Norman trip is about to take off, just made the reservations and we’ll be staying in Mooresville this time. Should be arriving Friday the 20th in the afternoon and heading to Bass Pro for licenses and whatever else is needed.

We’re actually going to have a few more guys from the area show up this year and it should be a good weekend from the weather standpoint, looks like upper 70’s to low 80’s for the weekend, a far cry from where we’re at today [emoji23]

My son is coming up from columbia again and he and I will be fishing out of my buddy Shawn’s boat, which is what I’m towing down again this year. Should be a great weekend and hopefully the bass will cooperate again this year. Water temps should be more conducive for it, compared to last year.

Hopefully we’ll have some good photos to share of some nice spotted bass.....

Pretty excited about this road trip, been looking forward to some quality boat time with my oldest....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Anytime spent with son and fishing buddy’s on a lake with monster bass has got to be getting you fired up my friend. Happy for ya! Looking forward to seeing your shared photos.(y)

Reactions: giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J
Does lake Norman have stripers? It seems like I have heard it does
Anyway be safe and have a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, and I believe the state record was caught there. There’s a restaurant on the lake you can pull your boat up too and there’s a lot of huge stripers on the walls...

Reactions: GoetsTalon

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Hell yeah. That's gonna be a great time. Have fun. Can't wait too see pictures

Fletch

Supporting Member
"J" Looking forward to your report and pics.... Gotta love spending time with your son... Wishing you a SAFE and MEMORABLE trip...Looking forward to hearing some outstanding fish tales over a glass of honey this summer...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
"J" Looking forward to your report and pics.... Gotta love spending time with your son... Wishing you a SAFE and MEMORABLE trip...Looking forward to hearing some outstanding fish tales over a glass of honey this summer...

Amen Rich....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J
Does lake Norman have stripers? It seems like I have heard it does
Anyway be safe and have a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, and I believe the state record was caught there. There’s a restaurant on the lake you can pull your boat up too and there’s a lot of huge STRIPPERS on the walls...

Fixed it for ya. Have a great time J!

Saw some of them walking around as well [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hopefully the weather will bring out some of the finer specimens....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sounds like it'll be another great trip J. I'm jealous.. 70 and 80 degrees would be sweet!

Yeah, really need to get to some warmer weather, this latest bought of weather has me holed up and not wanting to be out in it at all... Can’t remember the last time I did that lol....