Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ladder stands,, Whats new???

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well fugg. I'm sitting out on the driveway with the smoker today thinking this might be the day my stand arrives, instead, I get an email stating the order was canceled. Item discontinued is what I was told when calling Cabelas.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
On a bright note .... the stand that Cabelas canceled is the pretty much the same that I recently found on Walmart's site ... for a much better price. It arrived today while I was at work. The wife never noticed....lol

So you're saying there's a chance a purchase of a second stand is in the works.....:smiley_crocodile::pickle:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't have to lie to my wife. I have become very adept at profuse apologies.

I didn't want to come out and say it either. In 53 yrs of marriage I never asked the wife if it was OK to do something or buy something.
I thought it out 1st, and if a good idea and had extra cash I just do it. But I do enough wheeling and dealing I never use household funds.
She never understood me buying good gun investments. But now since been selling them off and put into saving I believe she is starting to think it was her idea. When I got to almost #200 22LR rifles I figured it was time to get rid of them. Damn good investment over the last 30 years.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know some of these guys are joking or exaggerating. At least, I hope they don't have to hide this stuff.

I really don't apologize (profusely.) Like you though, I don't spend the mortgage or grocery money on toys either. Bills first. Toys second. Only been one time I sat my wife down to discuss a purchase of guns. It was not a gun purchase in my eyes. It was an investment. She backed me fully. Comes down to trust. I sort of doubt Outdoors fella has this issue with his wife. I bet she really doesn't care. Lol

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I know some of these guys are joking or exaggerating. At least, I hope they don't have to hide this stuff.

I really don't apologize (profusely.) Like you though, I don't spend the mortgage or grocery money on toys either. Bills first. Toys second. Only been one time I sat my wife down to discuss a purchase of guns. It was not a gun purchase in my eyes. It was an investment. She backed me fully. Comes down to trust. I sort of doubt Outdoors fella has this issue with his wife. I bet she really doesn't care. Lol

I'm sure he doesn't. But I do know couple close friends that have to get the wife's OK for a 2nd cup of coffee. No joke. They ask me what to do about and I just tell them to not put up with it. But they never have done it and lives just too short.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I don't finance toys, never have never will.... I save and pay cash, may have to start not as nice to work up too better but I'll get there...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm sure he doesn't. But I do know couple close friends that have to get the wife's OK for a 2nd cup of coffee. No joke. They ask me what to do about and I just tell them to not put up with it. But they never have done it and lives just too short.
I had a buddy once that bought a gun and brought it straight to my house. He asked if i would bring it by in a few days and say i was returning it. Talk about sad.

Just 1 More

bought 2 of the Outpost XL from Dick's and an extra extension section,, so far i'm impressed.. i'll update after i've done a long sit in them

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a buddy once that bought a gun and brought it straight to my house. He asked if i would bring it by in a few days and say i was returning it. Talk about sad.

This post is getting funny and really sad.
Got a friend who buys and sells antiques and does real well at it over the years.
Every time he sells something the wife is there with her hand out wanting the money. Plus she refuses him to buy anything to sell. He has no idea what to do and I just tell him don't tell her you sell anything. OH no can't do that. Then tell her you only got 50% and keep the rest for future sales. OH no can't do that. Then I can't help you.
Try explaining to her if no purchases then there is no future sales. She doesn't care and only is interested in today's money. Hopeless.