Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

K's Spot - Creating Something from Nothing

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Sounds like you've got a good plan that should work out perfect! Im gonna leave a few pics on here of a blind we built back in 08

We started with an oil well water knock out stand frame
stand (8).JPG
Framed in the blind
]stand (10).JPG
Added a set of hubs to the rear so you can bolt up tires
100_0438.jpg
Wood added to the outside with plexiglass windows ( had to end up framing the plexiglass in wood to make sliding open easier)
stand (11).jpg
After paint, Attach the wheels to the rear, chain up the front to a blade or something on 3pt hitch, pickup the front and away you go
stand (2).JPG
In position and where it has sat since, I love this blind and have killed a few deer from it
stand (4).JPG
A look at the inside, two office chairs, carpet floors and a kerosene heater, roof is insulated and has metal on the outside also
GOPR2847_1443993053945_high.jpg

We have another that is pretty similar but is on a trailer frame with tongue but of course basically sits groundlevel

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Can you believe it's spring already?!? And I don't have shit done on this!?!

Being laid off threw this project for a loop, not mention the extensive list of To-Dos I have at my house right now which are much higher priority. That said, I am still going to get this food plot put in and I'm going to build a small platform to put a pop-up blind on for this year with the idea of building the shooting house on it next spring. Hoping to get some pics of the progress posted soon!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Can you believe it's spring already?!? And I don't have shit done on this!?!

Being laid off threw this project for a loop, not mention the extensive list of To-Dos I have at my house right now which are much higher priority. That said, I am still going to get this food plot put in and I'm going to build a small platform to put a pop-up blind on for this year with the idea of building the shooting house on it next spring. Hoping to get some pics of the progress posted soon!

Buckmaster

Portage
Our elevated platform built last summer should see walls and roof beginning in June. The walls are framed out sitting in my garage looking to be toted south.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Little update on this...

Got busy building a chicken coop, playset, coaching baseball and gardening, so I missed spring planting. However this weekend looks like a good time to get something done. My daughter continues to show interest in hunting and I plan on setting up another spot behind my parents house in anticipation of us purchasing their house and 11 acres next year. This will give her and I a spot 15 minutes from our driveway to the blind and I know we'll see deer there. I'll be posting plenty of updates and pics from here on out!

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Little update on this...

Got busy building a chicken coop, playset, coaching baseball and gardening, so I missed spring planting. However this weekend looks like a good time to get something done. My daughter continues to show interest in hunting and I plan on setting up another spot behind my parents how in anticipation of us purchasing their house and 11 acres next year. This will give her and I a spot 15 minutes from our driveway to the blind and I know we'll see deer there. I'll be posting plenty of updates and pics from here on out!

can't wait, sometimes the smaller properties are the best ones to hunt!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I think your better off that you missed spring planting. You have the whole month of August to plant something that the deer will hit during hunting season. Were planting brassicas in early August and forage oats in late August. Just need to get it sprayed soon.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Decided on Biologic Green Patch Plus in here for the fall, then I'll follow up with Whitetail Institute clover in the spring. I'm lined up to plant on Saturday and Sunday looks like rain. Fingers crossed things hold!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally made some progress this weekend and got the blind situated. I'll build the shooting house in the spring, but for now, this will do. The Barronnett Big Mike gives me plenty of room to standing and draw should I decide to hunt here some. Pretty happy with the view!

From the main creek crossing in to the food plot from the S...

From a secondary creek crossing coming in to the food plot from the N...

View from the blind looking due W...

Looking out the blind to the SW...

Hard to tell, but this is looking N and towards a great crossing between 3 acres of corn and bedding. When the leaves come off, this will be a hell of a view with a gun. Come late season, you'll be able to cover a ton of ground here. And bet your ass I'll have plenty of corn down here come January!