Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

King Buck

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Not sure who all has been following the big issue with te King Buck being score the world reocrd, but it seems the B&C is doign tis best to screw the little guy out of his trophy... ITs sad when big business even has control of a simple sport of deer hunting.. We all know its a big money maker and the industry is pushing products at people all day long regrdless if they work or not.. TC is the worst.. I gave all of my TC stuff away after that crap with GR. Anyways... Oh do a good search and see how many of the pro hunters you see on TV are getting busted for illegal stuff in the woods.. The big turd Nugent busted yet again... These guys are great role models for the children they keep talking about to get you the ADULT to spend more money...What 7yr kind really enjoys killing shit.. The kid is only doing it to be close to his parent(s), come on get real..

I hope people follow the DDH article and fight for the little guy..
http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/d...g-bucks-final-score?et_mid=578588&rid=3491311

Anyways good luck everyone this season, jsut a few more weeks and i'll be in the woods with ya..

Semper Fi.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
The whole thing is dirty how it has gone down. I wouldnt say look out for the little guy either. The "owner" bought the rack and has used $ and politics as well to try and get world record status so his investment pays off. I dont see how any one wins how this plays out. Whichever way they score this buck the other side will say it was unfair.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just watched this weeks Bass Pro hunting show and they featured the Steven Jansen buck shot up in the bush of Canada. It was deemed a 7x7 typical netting 204 and 3/8. Can't recall the year it was shot but I found it interesting how they saw it as being a true typical as the palmation between the g2's and g3's is much bigger than the rest of the circumference measurements. It is although extremely symmetrical when comparing side to side with the exception of the left main beam turning downward. I must also point out that the tines also do NOT appear to be directly ON TOP of the main beam so it's a judgement call for the panel I guess. IMO, the King buck looks more typical than this canadian buck.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The ones in control never want to admit a mistake could or was made. Like someone said just standard BS politics. This is the main reason I am a firm believer in Term Limits. With Term Limits these Old Farts can't get entrenched in their positions of control.
Frank

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
new record at 218 inchs saw a good video on deeranddeerhunting on how it was scored it doesnt matter that things a giant anyway you look at it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
new record at 218 inchs saw a good video on deeranddeerhunting on how it was scored it doesnt matter that things a giant anyway you look at it.

It still has to be panel scored to be the new world record and that will happen next week in Montana. Sounds like it will be the new record, but nothing is "official" just yet...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Same IMO. I think the biggest line of bs they do is score deer as irregular instead of non-typical. But they do it for the same principal as they're doing this to the king buck. To preserve their legacy bucks until one that fits their idea of what a typical or nontypical deer should look like comes along.