Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kids insurance.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Funny you mention handling a truck. I was walking in to Kroger the other day and this big four door F 250 powerstroke come flying by me in the parking lot. It took a hard left in the aisle, no sooner than it stopped the reverse lights were on, then it backed up quick right into a parking spot. I'm talking whipping it like a pro. I noticed it had Tennessee plates on it. The door opened in this 110 lb blonde girl in her 20s jumped out. I about called my wife to inquire about me becoming a polygamist and taking another wife.
[emoji23]🤣[emoji23]

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Funny you mention handling a truck. I was walking in to Kroger the other day and this big four door F 250 powerstroke come flying by me in the parking lot. It took a hard left in the aisle, no sooner than it stopped the reverse lights were on, then it backed up quick right into a parking spot. I'm talking whipping it like a pro. I noticed it had Tennessee plates on it. The door opened in this 110 lb blonde girl in her 20s jumped out. I about called my wife to inquire about me becoming a polygamist and taking another wife.

I'm thinking you should be thinking about some Life Insurance now....

Bigcountry40

Travis just got his license and he's 18.5. And the only reason he did was because his friends have jobs and have either graduated or have a different school schedule than him. Ran out of people to bum a ride from. I personally believe it's because kids these days are just lazy and are used to having everything done for them. Everything is Instant gratification, don't have to work for anything. Adding a car just adds responsibility like gas and insurance, or picking your sibling up from the mall every once in a while. Not worth it when they can just ask there friend to give him a ride

Yeah this is all correct, I see more and more parents that will not allow their children to fail at anything. Some of my greatest lessons in life came from failure or screwing up. I will give my boys pocket knives and lighters, they will learn knives are sharp and fire is hot. Parents have basically made their children afraid to fail or screw up.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Side note: I will never for the life of me understand this fucking generation that is either scared or has no interest in driving - I was chomping at the fuckin' bit to get my license. And so were all my friends. I just don't get it.

Ive been hearing this from so many people, and I agree with you, I couldnt wait!!

Travis just got his license and he's 18.5. And the only reason he did was because his friends have jobs and have either graduated or have a different school schedule than him. Ran out of people to bum a ride from. I personally believe it's because kids these days are just lazy and are used to having everything done for them. Everything is Instant gratification, don't have to work for anything. Adding a car just adds responsibility like gas and insurance, or picking your sibling up from the mall every once in a while. Not worth it when they can just ask there friend to give him a ride

EXACTLY

Buckmaster

Portage
Speaking of insurance...FYI....for you young fathers out there with young kids.

Re: $20k whole life insurance policy. (you can opt for $10k as well)

My son was <1 and my daughter was 3.
I bought and paid up front two whole life insurance policies for $2k each. It guarantees them $20K in life insurance for life, has capital appreciation over time, and they can buy/add additional insurance at the age of 18.

After losing my 9 year old niece it made me feel in a better life position and it guarantees them insurability for life.

Simply another common sense financial move.

Bigcountry40

My wife does the bills. I don't even wanna know what it is for Kody and Klay to be driving. The only thing I make certain is that they maintain a 3.0 to get the discount. If they fall below, they walk.

Youre the guidance counselor, and the plot thickens :smiley_chinrub:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
More of them would have a license sooner if someone would take the test for them.

Both my kids had their license the day they were eligible, and wanted he keys that night. Of course that didn’t happen but they were pumped to get it and always bugged us to take them driving when they got the permits. My son even drove my 5spd F150 when he got used to the wife’s car. Little fugger had the knack for it pretty quickly....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Speaking of insurance...FYI....for you young fathers out there with young kids.

Re: $20k whole life insurance policy. (you can opt for $10k as well)

My son was <1 and my daughter was 3.
I bought and paid up front two whole life insurance policies for $2k each. It guarantees them $20K in life insurance for life, has capital appreciation over time, and they can buy/add additional insurance at the age of 18.

After losing my 9 year old niece it made me feel in a better life position and it guarantees them insurability for life.

Simply another common sense financial move.
I second this. We started whole life policies as soon as they qualified (30 days oldi believe). We pay $20 or $25/mo. Both are around $50k policies. They can continue the payment whenever we tell them they have it. This will have grown pretty decent by then and be compounding nicely. They could also use them for college, first time home buyer, or hardship. I believe those were the only allowed deductions. I'm going to recommend they continue to contribute. I pray I never live to see the day they are cashed. You aren't supposed to outlive your kids.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sorry bud, wish I could help. Austin has been on his own insurance for almost 4 yes. Audrey is still on ours but she pays her own portion to us. The wife takes care of the bills so I'm not sure what it runs us.