Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jumping Stilts Off Road Version

Jamie

Ohio
you aren't going to do well off a groomed trail, say in tall grass or anyplace where you might have to duck under branches. I don't see how these help an outdoorsman at all. I've worn stilts quite a bit, and you do not want to fall with them on. a fall that skins your palm or elbow breaks bones when you fall wearing 24" stilts. I'll stick with my boots.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm with Jamie on this one, it won't be if you fall it'll be when you fall... I'm imagining you're thought process is walking to the stand for possible scent control or stealthiness? But if that's the case who'd want too risk a tumble with all your gear attached???

Fletch

Supporting Member
No use to the hunter.. Unless you want some bruised and broken body parts...Alot of my hunting is done in very rocky areas.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Any creek crossing or mud area would be a nightmare. Also, look how cautious they were in daylight with placement in any surface that wasn't nicely groomed. Imagine walking in and out at night, catching a rut or a down branch. All while carrying your bow/gun and anything else.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Watching how nimble they were walking looks like a good way to get hurt bad and quickly.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Need to when to cut the cord short as I lasted 90 seconds.
I just thought eventually something cool would happen. The title implied there'd be some jumping involved. Nope... Just a couple dudes walking in the woods on some expensive drywall stilts. Lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I just thought eventually something cool would happen. The title implied there'd be some jumping involved. Nope... Just a couple dudes walking in the woods on some expensive drywall stilts. Lmao
Yeah I was waiting for some 10 foot jumps and various tricks, nothing happened lol. Fugg it, I don't need stilts anyway.