Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2016 Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's fun to watch the new ones show up, Jesse. I'm glad that this time it's your neighbors wondering where "their" deer went! ha
Good luck with them!
HAHA. I have the upper hand this year as most of their hunting ground is standing corn, and I have all the oaks. Script is flipped this year, so I'd better capitalize.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I started a mock scrape a few weeks ago in front of a new stand I hung and the first cam check proved to be telling! Got pics of a new 8, a 9 point that has been hanging around lately and a blast from the past. Here is the new 8. Looks like a solid 3 year old with all kinds of potential!

This 9 point has been hanging around for a few weeks now. Pretty nice deer and another 3 year old that will blow up in another year or two.

The blast from the past is a buck I call the Broke Brow 10. He showed up in December of '14 and hung around through the end of the season. I found his shed in November last year trailing a coyote I had shot. I never did get a picture of him and this is the first I've seen him since January of 2015. He'd be 5.5 and is now at the top of the hit list!

The other cool thing was seeing Wilson on his feet in the daylight. Last Tuesday was a hot day on the farm as I had tons of daylight movement on all 4 cams.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This young lad shows some serious potential as well...

We're now 5 seasons deep not shooting does and I have multiple pics of 3 and 4 older does together. However this old girls takes the cake. She will will not escape an arrow if I can help it!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Lots of options, brother! Broke brow 10 is a dandy! So is Wilson! And that fuggin doe will put some serious meat in the freezer!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I now believe to 99% certainty that this is the Broke Brow 10. He'd be a 5.5 year old this year. I have pics of him in the late season of 2014-2015 and found from that year, last year while on a track job. Here he is on Friday at 4:30 while I was staring at leaves on an empty hillside in Missouri... lmao

[video=youtube;_sAXU-bXPG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sAXU-bXPG4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
In all the years I have been running cams, this is the best consistency I have ever seen after September 15. I can make a move on this. I'd love to see Wilson make it another year, but I can't say I would pass him...

He gave his current bedroom away by doing this. And now I have the proof as to why I am always begging my dad to stay off the damn brushhog!!!