Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2016 Hunting Adventures

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Really haven't given deer a second thought since gun season as it's been all about ducks/geese. I'm going to take K to the farm to check cams today in preparation for muzzy season. Hoping to get Tracie on a deer. We could use another for canning, so it's up to her to get it done on Saturday. As for my hunting, I plan to hunt some new properties, maybe even some public and will shoot the first deer with antlers I get a shot at from here on out. It appears I can't shoot does ever again without fear of ridicule and apparently I'd be better off shooting bucks on property that's not mine for meat in order to keep the pundits from crucifying me. So you may see me pose behind a public land spike before the season is over...

Forget the noise and go hunting ninja!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
These will be the final stats as I will not be hunting again this season. Waterfowl is the focus now, as it getting ready for Baby #2 in 6 weeks. I've had better seasons, I've had worse. With Tracie connecting on her buck, it really made it one of my best seasons in terms of memories. I got my ass handed to me once again by the mature bucks, something I have grown used to. I simply lack any sort of talent when it comes to killing big bucks and no matter how bad I want it or how hard I work, I'll fall short far more often than not. The good news it no longer bothers me. I learned not to tie my self-worth to my trophy wall and it's help keep me interested in hunting deer. With Kaydence rapidly approaching hunting age, I have someone else to hunt for and that's what I've been waiting on since she got here!

Lots of big things on the schedule for 2017 in terms of habitat management. I expect this fall to be another season of hope and failure, but I look forward to the process. It's the preparation that I enjoy most these days. The hunting is just the chore!

2016 Stats

Antlerless Sightings: 40
Bucks Sightings: 16
Different Bucks: 11
Shooters Seen: 4
Total Sightings: 56

Deer Killed: 1

Morning Hunts: 10
Evening Hunts: 10
All Day Sits: 0
Skunked Hunts: 3
Total Hunts: 20

Hours on Stand: 60

Average Time Per Hunt: 3 Hours
Deer Seen Per Hour on Stand: <1

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Its been a thread of highs and lows, but you undoubtedly embody what it is to be a hunter. You never gave up and you made memories that will last a lifetime. That's what is all about in the end. Good luck with the birds, and the stork delivery.