Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jake's Journal

Jake_C

Thanks Gents!

I got to put a couple of hours in at my back yard stand last night. Had a 4 point come through and bump the does that always bed in there. They seemed pretty irritated about it. I was hoping a big one would follow behind before dark. Didn't happen but a fun night on stand none the less.

Just got invited to hunt a friend's family farm for a couple of days during the rut so I'm excited about that. Same farm I saw a good shooter on last year. Hoping it works out because my hunting time is going to be way more limited for the rest of the season than I had planned.

Jake_C

Last night was my first sit of the year on a friend's family farm. I got caught up at work and was running much later than I wanted, so I chose to sit a non-obtrusive, observation type stand. I had a few doe come by single file starting at about 1820 to dark. No monster bucks, but the weather was beautiful, I was in a tree stand and I made it home safe to my family. That's a perfect sit in my book.

My coming vacation got shifted around a bit and it looks like I will be off monday- Saturday afternoon of the coming week ( the 7th through the 13th) . Not the 10 days I had hoped for but I'm going to hit it hard and hope for the best.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Last night was my first sit of the year on a friend's family farm. I got caught up at work and was running much later than I wanted, so I chose to sit a non-obtrusive, observation type stand. I had a few doe come by single file starting at about 1820 to dark. No monster bucks, but the weather was beautiful, I was in a tree stand and I made it home safe to my family. That's a perfect sit in my book.

My coming vacation got shifted around a bit and it looks like I will be off monday- Saturday afternoon of the coming week ( the 7th through the 13th) . Not the 10 days I had hoped for but I'm going to hit it hard and hope for the best.

Good luck Jake... Hope it works out for you...