Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its closer than you think...what you gonna get this year?

Tiny

I am on the other side of it, with my wife being the equipment junkie and me being the one who has to step in and stop the madness. Of course with that said, I already have everything I could ever need as does she. This year she has gotten 2 PSE Omens, 3 recurves, a few dozen arrows, a few packages of broadheads, clothes and boots as well as a small boat, trolling motor, 3 fishing poles w/ who knows how many lures along with 2 preserve hunts (to test her new stuff) and fishing trips. She buys things like Rhinehart targets and camping supplies and then uses the excuse that we can both use it. Every bow shop in 50 square miles knows her by name and she even gets a christmas card from the manager of the Archery department @Bass Pro (2 hours away) every year.... No kidding!.

HELP! ~ LOL!

With that said... I wouldn't want her any other way. Best hunting partner I have ever had :)

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I am on the other side of it, with my wife being the equipment junkie and me being the one who has to step in and stop the madness. Of course with that said, I already have everything I could ever need as does she. This year she has gotten 2 PSE Omens, 3 recurves, a few dozen arrows, a few packages of broadheads, clothes and boots as well as a small boat, trolling motor, 3 fishing poles w/ who knows how many lures along with 2 preserve hunts (to test her new stuff) and fishing trips. She buys things like Rhinehart targets and camping supplies and then uses the excuse that we can both use it. Every bow shop in 50 square miles knows her by name and she even gets a christmas card from the manager of the Archery department @Bass Pro (2 hours away) every year.... No kidding!.

HELP! ~ LOL!

With that said... I wouldn't want her any other way. Best hunting partner I have ever had :)

Congratulations Tiny! Sounds like a keeper TOO me! Are you guys moving to Ross Ohio or to Ross county? If your moving to Ross Ohio there is a Bass Pro about 20-30 minutes away from there right off I-275. :pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

HELP! ~ LOL!

Sounds like a good woman. Tell her I am glad you are moving to our side of the state. I know a guy that sells some hunting supplies this direction. lol

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
More cameras since I had 4 stolen last year..... inventory is crucial and I plan on duck hunting until the cams pick up or I have something patterned solid

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I need another trail cam, more arrows, some rubber boots if I can find them in size 17, and I'd like to try the new Rage Hypodermic.

joejoe8

That would put me on a war path, had one stolen, was mad for weeks. I buy small cams now an dont use a strap. I weld a bolt on a ezy climb step an camo it up.
More cameras since I had 4 stolen last year..... inventory is crucial and I plan on duck hunting until the cams pick up or I have something patterned solid

Tiny

Congratulations Tiny! Sounds like a keeper TOO me! Are you guys moving to Ross Ohio or to Ross county? If your moving to Ross Ohio there is a Bass Pro about 20-30 minutes away from there right off I-275. :pickle:

Ross County. Ross would be cool because that Delaware hunting area is sweet but with a Bass Pro that close?!. Heck no! :D

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
bought a trail cam from ebay to replace the one that was stolen last season. Received it yesterday. Other than that, new blades for the broadheads should pretty much do it.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
New broad heads, and a new fluid head for the camera. Under armour jacket to go with the bibs I bought last year. Always something. No matter how many tines I tell myself Im good, in always find something I need. Lol def. an addiction

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Since I got permission to hunt the ajoining hay field I need a new hunting tower built and installed. It's for me and the grandkids. Since the grandkids are too busy to hunt it's just mine but that sounds good as a excuse to get the family to help me put it up.
A neighbor gave me enough free metal siding and batting insulation for the sides and roof. Only need lumber I priced out at less than 200.00 over the weekend. Plus I have basement storm windows that wasn't used on the last tower. I will install hinges on the windows and be good to go. going to put a roof vent in to vent off odors.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Got my new replacement Steiner Predator Pro binos yesterday and a pair of new LaCrosse Alpha Burleys uninsulated boots on their way. Hope I get them tomorrow or this week. For now, I'm set.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Got my new replacement Steiner Predator Pro binos yesterday and a pair of new LaCrosse Alpha Burleys uninsulated boots on their way. Hope I get them tomorrow or this week. For now, I'm set.

You are going to like your Steiner Predator binos. I've been using a 8 power pair for about 10 yrs. now. I bought them when my son lost my Redfield focus-free binos out West PD hunting. Actually he thinks one of the ranch hands stoled them. Couple years ago he found a pair on Ebay and replaced them.
The Predator are rather heavy but I put them on a bino harness and it's OK then. Just with the neck strap they hurt from the pressure.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
New broad heads, and a new fluid head for the camera. Under armour jacket to go with the bibs I bought last year. Always something. No matter how many tines I tell myself Im good, in always find something I need. Lol def. an addiction

HAHA! Ain't that the truth!!!

This year it was new bow, rest, sight, stab, arrows, broadheads, binocs, and a few other things. Now it will be a new 3D target, windproof fleece, boots and who knows what else!

Things I can't hide from her: New bow, arrow rest (of course could tell her it's off my old bow), new shafts (maybe she will believe they're my old one's I'm just refletching)

Things my buddy will be buying for me: a couple new ladder stands, some bow hangers, new pair of insulated rubber boots, etc.......