Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting company - Treeline Stands

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Dozing off in my stand is the only way i can sit in one spot dark to dark 5 days in a row. If i couldnt doze off in my stand, id end up back at camp...and thats usally the time that big buck is coming thru. :)

It takes about 15 seconds for that buck to by my stand. When will it occur?...Nobody knows the answer to that question...It is the question that cannot be answerd by anyone..not even the pros. So..My answer and solution to that problem is to sit and sit and sit and sit.

Hicks..You need to watch the movie "Moneyball"...Thats how i approach deer hunting. I base it on mathmatical odds.

Hey..maybe they'll make a movie about me someday. :)

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dozing off in my stand is the only way i can sit in one spot dark to dark 5 days in a row. If i couldnt doze off in my stand, id end up back at camp...and thats usally the time that big buck is coming thru. :)

It takes about 15 seconds for that buck to by my stand. When will it occur?...Nobody knows the answer to that question...It is the question that cannot be answerd by anyone..not even the pros. So..My answer and solution to that problem is to sit and sit and sit and sit.

Hicks..You need to watch the movie "Moneyball"...Thats how i approach deer hunting. I base it on mathmatical odds.

Sorry bud. Hate to tell you this, but they already made Deliverance. Ned Beatty got your role. lmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just saw "Moneyball" this weekend... Awesome movie!

In regards to the Millennium and sleeping... Mountaineeer, you'd have no problem taking cat naps in one. The Millennium seat has a strap along each side of it that basically hold you in from the sides... You can even cross arms on your chest and tuck your elbows behind the straps for a real snuggly nap. :) Throw a footrest on that bad mother and it's lights out, nappy time. Best treestand I've ever owned, by far. Big thanks to Jesse for letting me give his Millennium a test run down at Cardinal last summer.

Diablo54

Outside

Probably when your sleeping

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Jbrown,

Thanks for the info. Ill check em out.

Diablo.

I killed my ohio buck this year at 11am. It was my 4th day of dark to dark sitting in one spot and after 4 days of this style of hunting, it really starts wearing on you. 20 minutes before i shot the buck i was awoken by a sound of what i thought was a gutteral grunt. I wasnt quite sure but it woke me up while i was in "sleep mode". It wasnt long until i heard the fast paced crunching of the leaves and he was under my stand.

When im in "sleep mode", im not completely unconscious. The slightest sound will wake me up.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks,,

BTW..I measured that tree lounge when its all retracted and ready for carrying. 36"'s long x 22"'s wide and 3"'s deep. @20lbs. Not bad for todays standards.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks,,

BTW..I measured that tree lounge when its all retracted and ready for carrying. 36"'s long x 22"'s wide and 3"'s deep. @20lbs. Not bad for todays standards.

Not bad at all. Very respectable. Better than some of the others out there actually.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've hunted many all day sits through the years and my main objective was to leave less scent on the ground and no bumping on the way out and on the way back in. I've even stood nearly a whole day once(1/2hour sitting on the platform to rest my legs) because the stand didn't have a seat and I wasn't planning on hunting it all day but the action in the morning was just to good to get out. If I get sleepy and start nodding a bit I've even climbed down and took a 1/2 hour power nap at the base of my tree with my bow beside me. I've down all sorts of things. Once I climbed down and slipped over the ridge top and stretched out along a huge log not 30 yards from my stand but being a mile from my truck and in the middle of a heavy active ridgetop I wasn't walking back just to walk back in. The last 6 or 7 years I haven't done these things but just strap myself in good and talk a power nap 25 foot up. Mountaineer is right though, the slightest noise will wake me up and I'm not totally unconscious. I'll have to checkout the sling seat sometime though.