Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Incredible experience!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well I finally got to meet Milo and have him help me with my bow. I leaned more in an hour than I've learned in 4 years. My bow is now tuned up, shooting great and he left me with some fantastic pointers on how to improve my shooting accuracy. I cannot speak enough about how great of a teacher Milo is and how much my confidence increased.

Thank you buddy. Much much appreciated.I

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I finally got to meet Milo and have him help me with my bow. I leaned more in an hour than I've learned in 4 years. My bow is now tuned up, shooting great and he left me with some fantastic pointers on how to improve my shooting accuracy. I cannot speak enough about how great of a teacher Milo is and how much my confidence increased.

Thank you buddy. Much much appreciated.I

That's awesome Albert! He's a wealth of knowledge and a great teacher of archery! Glad you're all set and much better prepared than you were a few days ago!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He's the best. Hands down, he's had the biggest impact on my shooting of anyone or anything. Everyone should have the benefit of having him tune your bow and tweak your form.

Glad it worked out buddy. Milo is a national treasure!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You won't find a more knowledgeable person when it comes too setting up your bow.... Class act that Milo is....
Glad you met him....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sunbury. Albert, glad to meet you and change things up for the better. That is one sweet shooting bow and on my radar now. You have some paths to walk down yet and some things to cross off your list in becoming a better shot. Spend the time on your form and it will pay big dividends

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I will continue to work on form! I am excited to work on getting better and better!

Again cannot speak enough to this experience.

Plain awesome!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear you got it squared away. Milo is the Jedi Master of bow tuning. You did the right thing by paying him a visit.

But you left something out man... What was wrong with your bow??? Details man... Details!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sorry about not answering this last night... They had his rest setup wrong and wrong... His qad rest was WAY over rotating and his nock point was all jacked up. It was causing his fletching to slam off his rest. As soon as we set it up correct we had to move his site pins a bunch

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry about not answering this last night... They had his rest setup wrong and wrong... His qad rest was WAY over rotating and his nock point was all jacked up. It was causing his fletching to slam off his rest. As soon as we set it up correct we had to move his site pins a bunch

Lol. Good grief. It's sad how often you see that kind of crap. I had a bow here a couple weeks ago with a Trophy Taker smackdown (forget the exact model) on it that was all jacked up too. The shop that set it up installed an activation cord that was about 3" too short, causing the rest to come up almost immediately at the start of the draw cycle and put a tremendous amount of tension on the buss cable at full draw. It wasn't even close to being right. Had another one in recently where the bow shop told my buddy his horrendous fletching contact couldn't be cured because he couldn't move the rest any farther... and that it was because the Hoyt bows don't get along with Limbdriver rests. What a dip shit. The cams were waaaayyyy out of sync so it just simply wasn't getting level nock travel. I tell ya... most bow shops these days are full of wing-wangs.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I
Lol. Good grief. It's sad how often you see that kind of crap. I had a bow here a couple weeks ago with a Trophy Taker smackdown (forget the exact model) on it that was all jacked up too. The shop that set it up installed an activation cord that was about 3" too short, causing the rest to come up almost immediately at the start of the draw cycle and put a tremendous amount of tension on the buss cable at full draw. It wasn't even close to being right. Had another one in recently where the bow shop told my buddy his horrendous fletching contact couldn't be cured because he couldn't move the rest any farther... and that it was because the Hoyt bows don't get along with Limbdriver rests. What a dip shit. The cams were waaaayyyy out of sync so it just simply wasn't getting level nock travel. I tell ya... most bow shops these days are full of wing-wangs.
it is why I do what I do. The industry is a mess and I cannot believe how bad things can come from some places. Hopefully through some education on the consumer side this crap can go away. It wil take some time though

at1010

*Supporting Member*
It is a shame. After a few hours with Milo I don't think I'll ever trust a bow show again. I can't even tell you how much bullshit I have heard over the years! Honestly almost makes me mad at myself for my own ignorance but happy I am learning more now. Better late than never!