Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In need of suggestions

Great thread!! Simplest and tasty crock pot recipe is to put your very well trimmed venison steaks and stew meat into the crock pot, 2 packets of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and let it cook all day. Boil some noodles and maybe add a couple packets of gravy mix at the end and you have a dinner most would never know is venison.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Rub

1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon coriander
1/8 teaspoon turmeric

Rub the loin liberally and let sit for an hour. Sear it well all around, then finish until 135-140 in the oven. Serve with garlic butter or my favorite, horseradish sauce...

1 cup regular or low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup prepared (white) horseradish
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash Tabasco sauce (optional)

teej89

NE PA
Just skip dinner and tell her: this is Teej and he needs a Beej.

Hahaha!!

And thanks guys I'm gonna whip something up sunday. I think I'm gonna roll with your rub Jesse. Man I wish I wouldn't have gotten them into chops. That's how I've always done since I was a kid cuZ that's how my dad got it done. I'll have to remember these for next time. Or hopefully stick another before the season is over and I'll definitely not get em into chops.

Mooosie

Take a roast put in a roast pan add water to top of roast pour pag of Lipton onion soup over roast cot up one garlic clove add sliced mushrooms some black pepper cut up potatoes and carrots also two or where onions cut up cook at 275 for 5 hours with lid on roast pan. She will marry you in the spot!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
marinating venison loins or tenderloins is not something I do. I like the taste of venison, and when I'm grilling loin chops, whole tenderloins or boneless round steaks I usually only brush them with olive oil, season them with salt and pepper or seasoned pepper and that's it. sear them on a super hot fire 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. I mostly cut them into 3/4-1" thick butterflied chops. only way to eat grilled venison is rare or medium rare, imo.

disclaimer: Milo's flattering testimony might be slightly exaggerated. I could surely half-ass a burger if I had to.:smile:

This is my favorite way to do whole venison loins and roasts. Olive oil and seasoning. Sear and low heat, and never over 140, Its not blood its juice I say. Cant say ive ever had anyone even wemen that don't like this. Just wish you guys could try my buddys home made seasoning. its simply better then anything out there.