Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I'm East bound and down and I hear there's a big buck on the ground!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only one person needs to be happy with the deer you shot: YOU! I know that feeling Rick. Did the same thing last year. Had fun doing it. No regrets about it. Happy for you my friend! Congrats!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats again, Rick! When u called me I just knew you had one killed. You told me you were shaking like a leaf and that's what it's all about! If we ever stop getting that feeling we might as well hang it up.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Again, thanks everyone. I thought there would be regret this morning and there is not. If you ever start to feel like it's not as fun anymore, go ahead and kill something! Odds are the meat will be better too. I can spend more time helping Braydon and Joy get their tags filled as well.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Again, thanks everyone. I thought there would be regret this morning and there is not. If you ever start to feel like it's not as fun anymore, go ahead and kill something! Odds are the meat will be better too. I can spend more time helping Braydon and Joy get their tags filled as well.

Very well put Rick.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
You hunted the right way! I agree with you the big buck is nice but it does some thing to your quality of experience, I kinda had that mind set I was just going to enjoy the experience and take what God gives me! That was a heck of a deer and congrats again!!!!
!!

tpierce

Congrats Rick, that's a dandy. For years I've always shot whatever I could- a lot of 6 pts, and does. I resolved this year to be more patient and hunt more days in the hopes of getting a trophy deer. There are some big deer on the property I hunt, I just have to be patient.