Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS rules for 2015.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
There is a difference between doing a full story write-up and simply letting the cat out of the bag as to who shot what.
Obviously, if there is enough signal (or whatever) to start an IKS thread, then there is enough to also say who, after X amount of hours.

The problem is that sometimes you only have enough cell reception to send or receive a text but not enough to send pics or even begin to log on to a website.

At the end of the day it is a dead deer and should get the same respect no matter the the sex. Some find it way to easy to kill doe so they find them less valuable in content then a buck. If you don't want to waste your time looking at the IKS thread then don't click on it lol. Just wait for the full write up lol. Season needs started because people are getting offended way too easy and getting antsy lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm looking forward to the IKS threads. I do know after any deer hits the ground that's when the work begins! Cell phones die,cell phone signals in remote places are weak as well. Let's hope the communication between the hunter and their messengers are kept in a timely method so the messengers can relay info to the thread in a timely fashion. It's okay to string it along a little but hours into the night or next day is a bit much,IMO.

In other words if it's a marginal hit or the hunter just waits till morning to track let's hope they at least post it before most of us go to bed...:smiley_clap:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just hate laws and rules but I must agree to not stringing out over hours and hours is a bit too much. Post IKS, let a few guesses, then tell it all. There's just too many hitting the ground at times to keep up. IMHO

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If we start applying rules, what's next..... we'll only be allowed quivers that carry 2 arrah's ?......
I remember reading them about Coyotes and such and they were great.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Only rule should be if you post on Facebook or Instagram before TOO, you get your balls burned on the smoker lid.

Agreed. That should be the only IKS rule as far as I'm concerned. All other rules are for communists and do not apply here.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I Know Something, basically if you kill a deer you would text someone or PM them a partial picture of the deer/rack or maybe a picture of blood spots on leaves or a bloody arrow.... Then there's a lull until the person posts a picture of it.... In the meantime people try and guess who it is......

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Burnt balls on a hot smoker lid is a good new rule. When does it go into effect? Since I don't go on facebook it does bother me some.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh no! not rules.If you want that just hop on over to the OS forum.
I'm with Brian on this one.

Curran has a great point as well. Guess if I kill something I send a pic to one of you to post before I send it to my wife. Lol

Nice idea on the smoked nutsack penalty.

Somebody just kill some squirrels and post them up or something. The natives are getting restless. It is close, but not quite close enough to deer season. Wow! Y'all need to get laid or something. Kinda testy.