Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ideal Cellular Trail Camera

Speaking for myself, but how about system that doesn't rely on cell coverage or at least not for every camera. Cuddeback has a new system out called Cuddelink that I like the idea of. With it the pictures can be fed from camera to camera back to one "home" camera. Then that camera can either have a card pull or send all pictures on a cell. Would work well for places that have spotty cell coverage. You could link all of the cameras back to the cabin where you have one of the systems to boost cell coverage.

One of the shelf projects mentioned is similar to Cuddelink. It was completely heart breaking to learn a company with much deeper pockets than us was working on a similar project. @ Milo, to your point, it was a very large financial risk to bring that to market, one that could have potentially crippled our company if not perfectly executed. With that weight bearing on us, we decided to shelf it. I think we may have even talked with a few guys at various trade shows about it back in 2016.

The tech isn't new, low band RF utilizing transceivers in multiple units. I believe it's along the same lines of buckeye cam, although I guess the end product is much different. It's a really awesome concept.

The tech isn't new, low band RF utilizing transceivers in multiple units. I believe it's along the same lines of buckeye cam, although I guess the end product is much different. It's a really awesome concept.

I was going to say BuckeyeCam still is using that with their system however they have more than priced the average person out of it. I like the concept as it seems like it might work well for my situation down there in Ohio given I can link several cameras back to my dad's house for the time being. Just remember if it is complicated set-up and have too many bugs people won't want to waste the money.