Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Quit.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I messed up the best shot I have had this year with the dumb crossbow trying to shot off the ground this morning. I have got to the point I cant draw my bow and it got to late in the year to have the poundage lowered in time to get use to it. I missed a shot at him Friday cus I was to rapped up in trying to kill a turkey and when I turned around he was standing there .He dident see me cus he to was watching the turkeys but there was no way I could have gotten turned to where I could shot so I just let him walk with out spooking him. So this morning I get there and I have to walk down a 1/2 mile drive (this a job in its self for me now) that runs thru a 200 acre standing corn field til it hits a sod ditch and then into the woods. I get to the end of the driveway and he is already in the sod ditch so I just sit down on one leg and was going to let him work his way in to the woods and then try to make my way into the stand. For 45 minutes this dumb ass walks back and forth across the end of the driveway I am sitting in.After not seeing him for about 20 min I thought he had made his way in to the woods or down the side of the corn to the other side so I stand up and just as I did he steps out of the corn about 30yds in front of me and looking right at me. Just as soon as I let that bolt go I know it was going to be bad. As soon as I shot, he spun right into a patch of briers across the sod ditch and right down the center of the woods. I sat back down for about a hour and dident hear nothing so I went to where he was when I shot. No hair,no blood and no bolt. The way he spun,if I was to hit him it would have been right in the chest. With a chest shot I would thing there would have been some blood and hair but nothing. I went on to the stand and was going to watch for turkeys for a few hours and then walk the woods. I sit there 5 hours and then walk the woods and Nothing. I am hoping I just lost a bolt and not a deer. I have NEVER in all my years of hunting shot a deer I could not find. I am going back out in the morning just to see if him comes thru so I know I dident hit him. BRING ON THE BLACK POWDER.LOL