Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something. And it's a big something.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Exactly, hey maybe we can go fugg with Joe while he's in his stand. Maybe throw some walnuts at his ass or something lol

I already made the rookie mistake of hanging a set in a walnut tree. Travis and I sat that stand Saturday evening and the first one came sailing down about 5 minutes after climbing up. I just looked up and shook my head then whispered to Travis. "Your stupid uncle hung this set in the most loaded walnut tree in the county"

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I already made the rookie mistake of hanging a set in a walnut tree. Travis and I sat that stand Saturday evening and the first one came sailing down about 5 minutes after climbing up. I just looked up and shook my head then whispered to Travis. "Your stupid uncle hung this set in the most loaded walnut tree in the county"

Lol, I've dodged a few walnut bombs over the last few seasons myself! Walnut trees also cast off these long pine needle like growths during the fall as I have to practically sweep them off my platform at times as I climb up! Some heavy dewy or frosty mornings they fall so fast and steady it sounds like rain as they hit the ground, and you don't want to make the mistake of looking up either! Lol
Still my favorite and best tree stand though.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Been there before Joe.lol
Any of em hit ya in the head?

Hogmister13

Congrats on a stud. What did he Gross ? Another question BigSlam; did I just watch a video of you on YouTube hunting the Wayne lol ?

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Congrats on a stud. What did he Gross ? Another question BigSlam; did I just watch a video of you on YouTube hunting the Wayne lol ?
I've hunted the Wayne, but its been years, and there's no video evidence of it Lol. Congrats again Alex, what are you going to do now? Have you ever tagged out on opening day? I never have and I'm going to miss seeing the bucks chasing this year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've hunted the Wayne, but its been years, and there's no video evidence of it Lol. Congrats again Alex, what are you going to do now? Have you ever tagged out on opening day? I never have and I'm going to miss seeing the bucks chasing this year.

Chad, I'd still go out every chance you get and sit and observe and video as much action as you can! There's always plenty to learn about how deer travel and interact with each other. You won't feel like you missed anything and you might get some awesome action on video so's you can share it with your TOO brethren...:pickle:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Chad, I'd still go out every chance you get and sit and observe and video as much action as you can! There's always plenty to learn about how deer travel and interact with each other. You won't feel like you missed anything and you might get some awesome action on video so's you can share it with your TOO brethren...[emoji14]ickle:
I was thinking about that the other day, I probably will. It can only benefit me for next year! With my luck I'll have a 180" buck come through at 20 yards lol

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*

Thanks! Never tagged out opener deer, only turkey season. When I made friends with Joe we made the season last on birds. Deer, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Not many of my close friends are big into bow hunting like I. Trying to scrounge up a few people to go out with an maybe video!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks! Never tagged out opener deer, only turkey season. When I made friends with Joe we made the season last on birds. Deer, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Not many of my close friends are big into bow hunting like I. Trying to scrounge up a few people to go out with an maybe video!

We make turkey season last by being picky. Once we decide to kill a bird 90% of the times he's dead the first morning we go after him. Lol.

As for videoing you're welcome to tag along. Most sets I've hung are doubles because of Travis but I'm going to start letting him sit alone and go hunt myself.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
We make turkey season last by being picky. Once we decide to kill a bird 90% of the times he's dead the first morning we go after him. Lol.

As for videoing you're welcome to tag along. Most sets I've hung are doubles because of Travis but I'm going to start letting him sit alone and go hunt myself.

Just let me know ahead of time if you think it may come together. I still have your cam from turkey season. I'll have time weekends in November and all the time in the world after thanks giving