Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I heard somthing too

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Sorry guys bout the fugged up pic. But heres the short story. He has been watching this buck in a bachelor group all summer. He ran a couple cams since August and had him a couple times on camera but he didn't realize it was him because of the angle till today. I spotted this buck and another good buck the two Fridays before season in a bean field a they bedded there all day so he came to where. I seen them a we glasses them and we both said wow. So he hung a stand the Friday before season were he thought he would get a crack at him. He hunted that stand Saturday morning and spotted these two bucks in another bean field were they bedded again out in the open. So today I took off to cut beans if it didn't rain and went to the stand this morning. As I'm watching one of my two target bucks at 80 yards my phone vibrates. So after watching my buck go in the woods without a shot. I forgot about my phone going off. After I was sure my buck was bedded for the day I climbed out carefully thinking I will get after him tonight and came home. Well I sat in the easy chair a dozed off forgetting my phone in my hunting clothes. So after several failed attempts my buddy pulls in the driveway and said I got him down . I need help getting him out and took my as chewing for not responding too him lol. So we went back and I was thinking god I hope he didn't wait too long for me to track him with the drizzle we had. Then he informed me he hit high and dropped him in his tracks and he was done. So we got him out and home and then we start checking trail can pics and that buck went by his stand last night at 850 and he was dead at 750 coming back the other way. I couldn't be any happier for the guy and was glad I got to share a piece of it with him.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
IMG_20140930_110621.jpg Here's a better pic and the the world is the right way :smiley_clap: