Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I found the meaning of heartbreak this morning..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you this morning but everyone has given you the same advice that I would offer. Doesn't sound like he's on to you and it's better to miss than hit him bad.

Get back after him and good luck from here on out!

Had just about the same experience Sunday morning....monster 8 pt. came in to a grunt sequence from a spot I have never seen a deer come from in a stand I have hunted for 10 years! He was 20 yds. by the time I saw him, and I had to pull of a left handed xbow shot as he was moving away. I rushed it, and didn't take into account that he had walked about 10 yds. away by the time I shot. Put it right under his belly and gave him a little hair cut, and that was it. It happens, and they don't always follow "the script".

Who ever said a good story had to end with a buck in hand?! Many of us can relate to all of what you described. It's what makes us get up early in the mornings and sit til that last bit of legal light. He might be a bit smarter now but you can still come up with a new strategy that may pay off. Live and learn on both sides!!