Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting With Heros

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
So it wasn't a bad weekend by any means. Got up there around 2:00 Friday afternoon. Start bullshitin with the guys and shooting our bows. Around 4 a bunch of does come close to the shooting area followed by 2 shooter bucks. Come to find out that this is the same area where my blind is that Ill be hunting the next morning. Go to the dinner, meet my guide, get my blind assignment and head to the hotel. Ran to Wal-Mart to pick up an extra tag just in case. Next morning comes around and get into my blind around 615-630. ten minutes later here come the does, followed by a small half rack and another small 6 point. Immediately followed by another small 6 that is on a mission, nose down, no stopping. Then everything completely dies off. Go to lunch around 11 back in the blind by 12. Decent doe comes in around 1230. Take my shot, damn near knocked her side ways. Me and my guide call up the area coordinator and start the search. Im wanting to find her, gut her, tag her and get back into the blind in case those 2 shooters show up again. We tracked for a while, had great blood then it just stopped. We called the search off because we were starting to get into another hunters area. Back to the blind. 430 comes around and here comes another doe and her youngin. Something isn't right. I see the fawn and it is short. Like it was crossbred with a damn pigmy goat. It had extremely short legs, the obvious white belly and spots running from its belly half way up the side. So I set my pin on mama. SMACK, hit her in front of her lead should and thru to behind her back shoulder. She takes off and I noticed the arrow did not do a complete pass thru. She ended up snapping it off inside of her after hitting some trees. So we call the area coordinator. He tells us to hold tight. Well I went out and found the arrow, both pieces of it. Great blood trail. Area coordinator shows up, start tracking and again, great blood but it starts to fade away. Then I look up with the flashlight and see her tail. Finally got to put hands on her...wait I mean him. Its another damn button buck. GRRR. Gutted him right there, drug him out and threw ice on him for he over night in my truck until I could get him back home to the processor. Went out the next morning, nothing but squirrels and birds. Overall it was a great weekend. I just love being around the guys that have become family at this hunt. No pictures of the BB. Sorry guys.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I have a video of the kill, trying to get it from my phone to my computer here at work. It was a great trip, one I look forward to every year. :)