Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting is Stupid

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I hunt in these clothes, y’all, because deep in my heart I know that hunting is stupid and I have problems taking it serious. Actual cows are roaming my pasture behind me that I could eat any time I wanted to, and deer are basically wild goats. Like, we could have totally domesticated these animals by now. I guess that would eliminate us climbing into our little tree houses with firearms and hiding from our responsibilities, though. And I can only go along with this in the evenings. My wife is way too pretty and way to snuggly for me to be doing this garbage at the crack of dawn (this picture is from last night). Oh, and I love when people talk to me about how deer meat is free because those people know absolutely nothing about cost analysis. They wear a 500 dollar git-up and use a 2,000 dollar sniper rifle to harvest an animal off of a field they rent for 2,000 dollars a year. They spent 3 hours bushhogging and brush cutting with a diesel powered tractor so they could plant deer food and install a 300 dollar automatic solar powered corn spreader, and then they carry their deer out of there on a 10,000 ATV so they can take 70 pounds of meat home that their wife doesn’t even want to cook. Don’t look at me like that you little pioneer wilderness explorer wanna-be! You know good and well that you still have half of last year’s deer in that 700 dollar extra freezer you put out in the garage! Let’s see, what is our cost up to now? Oh yeah, 228 dollars per pound? Sounds reasonable enough. What if our wives decided they wanted to grow a field of cotton and buy a John Deere cotton stripper and set up a gin in the barn and a loom in the garage so that they could make a couple pairs of socks every fall to mount on the wall in the living room and show their friends and not even wear? How would WE feel about that? (Sigh) The woods are so dang quiet, though. Man, I love it out here!

FB_IMG_1699029428318.jpg

Dave, is this your spirit animal?