Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting blind camo

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll be hunting out of a tower or my ladder stand that has a blind on it like last year. The inside of the blind is black and the tower is dark inside.
This year I will try all black outer clothing for a camo effect since the inside of my blinds are black. I will wear black only during bow season and wear a orange vest over the black during gun season if I need to hunt.
Anyone else try all black in a blind? Some of the TV Hunting shows wear black for turkey hunting in a blind.
I'll give it a try.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Frank going ninja on them deerz! Yeah, it's mighty important to blend in with your surroundings no matter where you're located. A black longsleeved turtleneck and black toboggan should work just fine and camo pants optional......unless your wanting to go total ninja...rotflmao

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Wearing a black clothes is a smart move. I had a buck and a doe looked at the blind I was nervous as shit, I had thought for a min like can they see me or what lol.... then for a second they had no clue I was sitting in the blind. I had drew back my bow until the top of the cam of my bow hit the blind and spooked them up....that was devastating. Lol.

Seems a lot of guys are using black in their blinds like that. I don't hunt a lot out of a blind so I haven't found the need to buy black clothing. I've got enough of the dark Mossy Oak clothing that's good enough for me but I do agree, the darker the better.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys. I guess I'm not the only that thinks on the dark side of things. LOL