Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting accident, be careful!!!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Since were on the subject how many DA's we have out there during deer gun season? How many fellow hunters has this country lost due to hunters toting any weapon that have absolutely no business being out there! The argument or discussion should not be about the type of weapon used but why these particular individuals not getting the HSC completed! IMO

Gordo

Athens County
Dont want to put the blame on the weapon. Thats the same technique the folks who are trying to take all of our guns use.

"That gun killed so and so...." "This gun was responsible for..."

So much easier to focus the blame on an inanimate object instead of a person.

rsmith

I am a firm believer that some sort of archery class should be mandatory to hunt deer with a bow in Ohio. It's beyond me how we require a trappers ed class but not one for archery.
I am with you on this one. I think it would be a great idea for a mandatory archery class. Take them out to a range and show them the works. Do some class work, think it would be a great thing to have for new comers.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
When I went through Hunter safety 20 years ago, I had to sit through a 3 day class, that included a field day and even a blood trail. That has all since passed and went to online. I believe a 4 hour field class is still required though for proficiency.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sad situation. Poor choices were made. The weapon used makes no difference. Sure wish there was a way to eliminate stupid people. Whether in the woods hunting or not. Hope the recovery isn't too bad for your friend.