Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunters 2017 trail camera pictures!! First year in OH!!!!

This is my first year living and hunting in OH. im extremely excited to sit in a tree this fall.
Let me know what you guys think of these and if you think any of them are mature bucks?

04240022.jpg04250238.jpg05260019 (1).jpg05260031.jpg06070263.jpg06280067.jpg06300132.JPG07070041 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I know the one is orange is definitely mature haha. Anyone know what he is doing? This used to be an electric line but hasn't been for many years so im not to sure what that guy is doing but he is writing something in a few pics.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I know the one is orange is definitely mature haha. Anyone know what he is doing? This used to be an electric line but hasn't been for many years so im not to sure what that guy is doing but he is writing something in a few pics.

Looks like he a mature 1 pointer. You have some good ones good luck this season

Yea i figured he was probably surveying im just not sure what for lol. Right after where the camera is at it turns into thicket you can hardly walk through. I guess technically they probably still probably own that right away through my land even though its not there any more so i cant say much about it. It would be nice if they would let landowners know before they go tramping through the woods. I used to survey for gas companies and we had to knock on doors before we went on the land just so the land owners knew we were out there. ok rant over lol!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm the son of a surveyor and spent 10 years buying land rights while in the oilfield. One, no way they let that right-of-way lapse, so the owner of that RoW would have the right of ingress and egress. That document should be easy to locate at the courthouse, especially if you used an attorney to close, they should have done a cursory title search on the surface.

Second, prior notification is only a common courtesy unless you're in the shale business. Most utilities, with that right of ingress and egress, can come and go without notification.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm the son of a surveyor and spent 10 years buying land rights while in the oilfield. One, no way they let that right-of-way lapse, so the owner of that RoW would have the right of ingress and egress. That document should be easy to locate at the courthouse, especially if you used an attorney to close, they should have done a cursory title search on the surface.

Second, prior notification is only a common courtesy unless you're in the shale business. Most utilities, with that right of ingress and egress, can come and go without notification.
Also, with your recent purchase, your deed may not have been filed of record when they did pull records for the purposes of notifying landowners.

If i keep seeing him on there i will have to go look into that for sure! I did use an attorney to close and she said everything was good and never mentioned a ROW. i surveyed for shale companies for a few years so thats what im used to. And you are right about the records probably not being filed yet at that time saying who bought the land, i run title now so it wouldn't be hard for me to go look into it.

Last edited: