Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HUGE Moose at a couple steps....

Huckleberry Finn

Awfully tight grip on his bow!

Moose seem retarded, but killing a huge ass moose and mounting him on the wall is my greatest hunting dream! Not sure I'd do it with a bow..and not sure I'd let him get that freaking close!

What pin do you use there???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Awfully tight grip on his bow!

Moose seem retarded, but killing a huge ass moose and mounting him on the wall is my greatest hunting dream! Not sure I'd do it with a bow..and not sure I'd let him get that freaking close!

What pin do you use there???

I agree. They are retarded.. lol.. But that is some great footage.

epe

Lancaster
I can not even imagine the adrealine rush that guy had. That thing was huge. Arrow got what, about half penetration?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I bet he had a turtle head poking out!

I would like to go moose hunting but they are about the most "Corky" like of all the big game animals. When calling them you hold an oar above your head and cluck like a caveman about to have the big "O"! Now tell me they are not a little slow...

No matter what that was GREAT FOOTAGE!

I wish I could find the footage of a bear hunt that I believe Jim Shockey was guiding on. It was for bear. Anyway they were laying on a pile of drift wood and a not quite a shooter shows, you don't see it from the camera angle but you can see the hunter is getting more and more visibly shaken. The the bear crests the logs... The hunter is shaken like a beaten dog and Jim Shockey is saying real quiet "don't shoot, don't shoot". lol The bear gets so close that the muzzle of the gun is touching its belly... While standing over them! Epic!

The bear leaves and the hunter starts doing the funky chicken from the adrenaline dump.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Holly shit batman...... That was down right friggin amazing too be that close too something that could turn and crush you or knock the living crap out of you with one side of an antler.....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is friggin cool! I know if I were in that situation, I would be shaking too hard to remain standing.