Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hoyt Satori

Hoyt just released a new three piece recurve to replace the Buffalo. I'm not a huge fan of three piece bows however I did buy a buffalo a number years ago. I bought that bow because wanted a durable take down bow to take on tdys and deployments.if I am going to own a three piece bow it has to be tuff. The Buffalo has an aluminum riser and carbon limbs so moisture isn't as big as an issue compared to wood bows. Over the years my buffalo has traveled all over the country and total of 4 continents. I should have taken a picture at every range and random place I have shot at with that bow. The only downside to the Buffalo is that it uses hosts proprietary limb pocket. After constant requests hoyt has finally released an ILF limb bow, the satori. This opens tons of options for limb weights and lengths hoyt never offered. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on one of this new satori risers. Lancaster sells just the riser for 499 or 799 for the complete bow package.
http://hoyt.com/traditional-recurves/satori

OHtard

Just put mine together yesterday. I have had a bunch of ILF risers, and so far this one is my favorite. They all work great, the only real difference is just the feel of the riser. The weight is about perfect, and the bow is dead in the hand after the shot. I threw a set of uukha limbs on it, and will get it all tuned up in the next couple days.