Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

how often?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Do you wash your camo?

I smoke up every time I go out, but I try not to have to wash it very often I can help it. If it's hot out and I sweat I wash but in colder weather I try to get a few sits out of it.

I have noticed that my older stuff that has been washed several times and faded has a lighter more open appearance.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Once or twice a season.... Smoke takes care of most smells.....one main thing I don't do is wear any hunting gear camo or undergarments too any stores or gas stations.... Home into a tote and out ant too the stand.....

Last edited:

Treed

Stark County
A couple times a year. Sometimes the smoke smell from days past starts to smelling sour so I usually toss them in then or if I manage to get blood all over them field dressing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was mine regularly; meaning every 2-3 hunts. IMO, the smoke is more effective the less it has to cover. Just my thought process.

Outer coats and pants only when they are dirty or I've hunted a lot in them. Inner garments like T-shirts, long underwear, wool socks, etc. after they have been worn once. Hats, face masks and gloves every so often with the load of inner garments or if I have sweated bad in them.