Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many years.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
22yrs.,,,nothing like being 12yrs. old and your uncle tells you climb up into that portable treestand that's only about 16ft.,,,but at that age you think its 30ft.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Hmmm, let me think for a second....

I believe this is the start of my 17th season. Holy shit, that has gone by fast......

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I got 1860 years of deer hunting by adding everything up. I only counted deer hunting years if that was stated.

Dividing that by the 84 people that answered, gives 22.14 years of experience per.

Or ya'll do the math!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I got 1860 years of deer hunting by adding everything up. I only counted deer hunting years if that was stated.

Dividing that by the 84 people that answered, gives 22.14 years of experience per.

Or ya'll do the math!

Multiply that times our active members at the moment and we can say there is over 7,350 years of cumulative deer hunting experience active on TOO

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was just wondering what the total would be.... Very impressive, but for it too be cumulative wouldn't everyone have too out up their numbers Joe???? Not sure how that works....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was just wondering what the total would be.... Very impressive, but for it too be cumulative wouldn't everyone have too out up their numbers Joe???? Not sure how that works....

Law of averages. Say you sample 100 people. The answers range from 10-20 and the average comes out at 60. You can then take that 60 and compound it out to a group of more than 100 and come close to the true number. So say you want to apply that number to 2,000. You could then say the number is 60,000 and be damn close.

Same way news organizations an political campaigns figure out where they stand prior to the election. They'll poll 3,000 random voters and come up with a percentage. The percentage for 3,000 random should be close to the same even if you surveyed 30 million plus or minus a point or two. The larger the sample pool the closer you get to the precise number. But there's a point where it's minuscule. Earlier the average was 60. Say you surveyed 10x the original 100. So 1,000, It may come out to 59.5. Not really worth 10x the survey effort to be .5 more precise.

Cumulative just meaning total.