Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Horizontal rubs and rubbing posts..

OO2

In the Uplands
Interesting, maybe putting it in early did impact activity? Figure I'll try one anyway and see what becomes of it. Don't really want to go tromping around in Sept so mine will go in early as well.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Interesting, maybe putting it in early did impact activity? Figure I'll try one anyway and see what becomes of it. Don't really want to go tromping around in Sept so mine will go in early as well.
Idk I had bucks cruising through there. I only hunted that stand once, on opening day but I had a cam in that area all season. I'm not waiting until September to put any up either.

OO2

In the Uplands
The property I got is a pass through spot that always seems to have a good amount of community rubs and scrapes. I figured I'd give the boys a place to sit down and shoot the shit for a little longer so I can hopefully lay some eyes on em. I put three horizontal rub posts (pine) with some licking branches. Hopefully Mr. Millers tips work for me somewhat. IMG_1334.jpgIMG_1335.jpgIMG_1336.jpg

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Idk I had bucks cruising through there. I only hunted that stand once, on opening day but I had a cam in that area all season. I'm not waiting until September to put any up either.

We put ours late in the year and most of them see action. Is there an easy to post vids on this site? We got some great ones from a few years back.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We put ours late in the year and most of them see action. Is there an easy to post vids on this site? We got some great ones from a few years back.
I always upload mine to YouTube first. There's an option to where you can keep the video private from other people on YouTube.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I just deleted it as it had my name vs. my nickname (IB). And I don't need any local trolls seeing that kind of stuff!! lol
I tried to update it to my nickname, but it didn't seem to let me. I'll try again later and see what I can come up with. We had 4 nice bucks hit the pole in about 20 minutes time. Must have been a hot doe there. The one you saw was a 170 3 yr old. We passed him during season, then found him dead come spring. Last day we saw him was right after x-mas feeding in a plot and he looked fine. Who knows just what mother nature brings...