Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Honoring The Hunt

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Great video and rightfully critical of hunters as interpreted by the broad stroke of the brush. My thoughts drift to the reality that hunters (specifically whitetail hunters) that hold a deep reverence for live animals (and conservation thereof) are few and far between. I would argue that the majority of whitetail hunters are only interested in numerical qualifications of their merit and care very little about the animal itself. Western hunters do a better job of portraying the spirit of hunters than do those east of the Mississippi IMO. The portrayal should be rooted in experience and memory, not stats and qualifiers. Remove the ego and live the moment.

wv67

People that don’t understand it haven’t been around it , or wasn’t raised that way , as far as these so called groups , peta , gays lesbian , race card extraordinaire folks etc .. always gonna be there , Fact is don’t sweat it don’t worry about t , Take a long look around ya news life etc. this ol world and country isn’t gonna change support what ya believe in stand up for ya self and for those you love and be you piss on the rest of em Nothing we can do to change anything , and what needs to be done to change anything or fix these problems will never be allowed .. So Don’t sweat it enjoy t

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Great write up Jesse. I myself used to be part of the problem. I viewed deer as something i was entitled to kill, without ever realizing my responsibility to ensure their entitlement to ethical hunting practices, and the respect each and every animal deserved. Im fortunate to have had my Dad to kick me in the ass and remind me that our responsibilties as sportsmen arent limited to the act of killing, but are primarily to ensure that our sport and future of it thrive and are seen in a positive way.