Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Home Remedies & Repairs

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Put Vaseline on your outside bedroom door knob...
To keep the kids from bursting in on date night!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Have you tried the gold bond spray powder yet? AMAZING!
Whatever you do, don't put the scented gold bond on your satchel. I got a trial size bottle from sportsman's guide when I got my bowbatXL. It's been hot as fugg at work so a couple weeks ago I powdered the balls, had to go rinse that shit off 20 mins later cause it burned so bad. Put some on my chaffed nipples after that to make sure I didn't have a sac problem, burned the nips also. Avoid that stuff lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you get poison ivy in "the nether regions", do NOT use athletes foot spray as an alternative. If you are into an "icy hot feeling" in your crotch, proceed with caution.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Anyone have a home remedy for Acid Reflux / Gerd? ( Other then watching you diet and or off the shelf med )

If you get cramps in your legs I had a friend that swore by drinking a ounce of vinegar (flavored unless your Chad ) and it clears it up.

Jumpy feet at night? Put a bar of soap down by your legs under the sheets.

Ginger root tea for acid reflux. Sweeten it with honey because the taste isn't very good. It also works great on sinuses and for colds.

Buckmaster

Portage
If you get poison ivy in "the nether regions", do NOT use athletes foot spray as an alternative. If you are into an "icy hot feeling" in your crotch, proceed with caution.

Reminds me of an episode at Deer Camp after a few days of no showers.

.....After that 3rd day poop do not try to clean a$$hole with Purell Hand Sanitizer found in outhouse.

Whooooo--Weeeee!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Apparently you weren't as hardcore as I was lol. Glad I quit lol

I always had a limit, and didn't stray far from it.... Not many stupid drunks in my history.... It's been 5 weeks since I've been on this medication and I have 5 beers in the fridge from when my son was home and there's no danger to them anytime soon lol

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
For nasty stains in your carpet I mixed about ¾ cup hydrogen peroxide, a few teaspoons of baking soda, and a little squirt of Dawn (maybe about 1 tsp–I didn’t take the time to measure!). I swished it around, dipped my cleaning cloth in it, and started scrubbing.

This removed pop / coke stains I had for years in my carpet from two female demons. And I tried a lot of other carpet cleaners, this did the trick.