Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Home Remedies & Repairs

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Since Phil got hit with a possible case of Poison Ivy it got me to thinking about what all the TOO Brothers use for home remedies and repairs around the house or property to fix things, cure aches and pains, hangovers, redneck repairs or just what ever.

For Posion Ivy I mentioned Silver Weed or I believe it was also known as Jewel Weed. Break the stem open and rub the "jell" like substance on it and it will dry it up in no time at all. I also use Dawn Dish Soap and scrub the areas I might have gotten hit with it while in the shower.

A can of coke and a brush is great to remove rust build up I have found.

So what else do you guys have to add???

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Baby powder on my nuts and baby wipes for my balloon knot are the most life changing remedies to my life in the past decade. Just saying. lmao

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I use to send a friend "Monkey Butt" powder ( same as baby powder ) TOO him when he was in Iraq.

Last edited:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Anyone have a home remedy for Acid Reflux / Gerd? ( Other then watching you diet and or off the shelf med )

If you get cramps in your legs I had a friend that swore by drinking a ounce of vinegar (flavored unless your Chad ) and it clears it up.

Jumpy feet at night? Put a bar of soap down by your legs under the sheets.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I use 15lb Powerpro braid for sewing up anything that needs it. beats the hell out of cheap, weak thread. I fill litre bottles and milk jugs and quart bags with water and freeze them for ice. They last for days. Windex works great for quick carpet spills like soda and mud

Not really a home remedy. But Simple Green is cheap and works great for removing brake dust and grime on aluminum wheels. A word of caution though. Test a spot on the inside of the wheel first. I had one vehicle, I don't remember what it was though, that made the wheels dull after using it. No problem with the wheels on our Jeep Wrangler, Chevy Colorado or Nissan Rouge.

Also for you fisherman that use plastic bodied lures. If you put them away wet and they mildew, household ammonia and a soft toothbrush cleans them in seconds. I've bought thousands of lures to resell on eBay that were coated in mildew for next to nothing at flea markets over the years. 99% of them cleaned up like new.