Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hi

Jill

Knox County. Husband used to hunt when the sons were younger....I think, as he watches the sons, grandson and I head out, he's getting the itch again.

No....have not connected but I'm not giving up yet! My first time in the stand (during rut) I was so mesmerized by the doe that trotted in front of me I forgot to get ready for the buck that was close behind her. Lesson learned.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well Jill sounds like your seasons been interesting .... now all you have too do is get the old man out and in the stand..... :smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Knox County. Husband used to hunt when the sons were younger....I think, as he watches the sons, grandson and I head out, he's getting the itch again.

No....have not connected but I'm not giving up yet! My first time in the stand (during rut) I was so mesmerized by the doe that trotted in front of me I forgot to get ready for the buck that was close behind her. Lesson learned.

I smiled as I read this. I would say many of us have had similar incidents. I know I have been watching does or bucks in the distance and not realized there was one very close and heading my way. Instant adrenaline rush! Glad to hear you are getting out with the kids and grandkids. Good for you!