Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Everybody! New to the forum and second year hunting in Ohio.

Hey Everybody... this is Corey. Im new to the forum. I currently live in Albany, NY and am originally from the Cooperstown area. We kind of hit a home run... no pun intended, with a spot to hunt in Ohio. My best friends brother in law and his family own some farmland on the border of Richland and Crawford county. They arent really big hunters but knew that we were so they invited my friend (who in turn invited me, my brother, and my cousin (his other brother in law) down to check out their farm and bowhunt. Last year was our first trip down. We were down the week before holloween and treated the trip mostly like a scouting trip. Saw lots of deer. I shot a doe and missed a decent 8pt. We set out 4 cameras over the summer and we have gotten pictures of a dozen or so nice bucks... most in the 100"-120" class and a couple that might go 130"-140". We are pretty psyched for this year... we will be there 11/6-11/11. From what it looks like on the rut forum... it should really be heating up about then. We have good bucks on our farm in upstate NY too... but we dont have the cropland like OH and our rifle season/hunting pressure is so long/high that your pretty lucky to find a buck over 2.5 yrs. It looks like this is a really great forum and community and hopefully Ill hear from some of you that might be hunting in the Crestline/Mansfield/Ashland area. Good luck and shoot straight!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
hopefully Ill hear from some of you that might be hunting in the Crestline/Mansfield/Ashland area. Good luck and shoot straight!

Well here i am! LOL.

I am in Crawford county (Galion) and could damn near throw a rock to the Richland county border. Looks like you'll be showing up at a good time. Good luck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the best site on the net.... Lots of good reading too help you out... Good luck on your trip down here..... Let bus know how you do....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Sounds like you hunt about twenty minutes or less from me. I am in Richland county and live just north of Mansfield. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for all I the "welcomes." Can not friggin wait to get in the stand later. We have a front coming threw and deer are on the move. Our spot in Ohio is just outside of Crestline. I'll try and throw up some of our trailcam pics from this year and I'll definitely try to get in touch with those of you in the area. Shoot straight fellas!