Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heelbilly's Hunt Journal

heelbilly

I'll start my journal with Saturday.

11/7/15:

I hunted from daylight until about 10. I had a small 3pt chasing a couple of does on and off out of range just at daylight. Later on, I had a 4pt stroll through. It was a good morning to be on stand. I climbed down and walked over to help my dad move his stand to a new tree (he was up for the weekend). While moving his stand, that same 4pt strolled right up on us. Dad videoed him with his phone walk to within 5 yards of us.

PM hunt:

Hunted from about 3 till dark. Had the same 4pt stroll through again (same stand site) he meandered around and made a scrape about 70 yards from me. Then he made his way over towards where dad was set up. Then about 5, I hear something in the brush to my right, and catch a glimpse of a very nice, heavy, wide buck at the scrape the 4pt was at. I tried everything to get him to turn and come in towards me, but he walked at an angle away from me. I found out that he was over by dad before he made his way to me and dad said he walked right under the tree we moved his stand from that morning.

11/8/15

AM Hunt:

See post (Heelbilly's 2015 Buck), dad only saw 2 does all morning. He hunted till 10ish.

Dad hunted Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning and never saw another deer.