Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Has anyone heard of Shayne Yamamoto of Detty Outdoors?

Avid Hunter

I hear he's the new up and coming video editor/EVERYTHING video-wise...I have seen some of his work and am very impressed. I need some video work done. Has anyone ever heard of him? If so, what do you know of him/Detty Outdoors (on the whole video side of things)?

I mean, just look at THIS (done by him) - it's WAAAY better work than what I've seen around the hunting community, and even on hunting TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3z5NNoK5c

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He also does work for Dave Lusk with Southern Ohio Outfitters that films Sudden Impact Outdoors. Look Dave up on FB and give him a ping. If I'm not mistaken they have a shooting / editing business they do together. Floyd Detty who is friends with Dave also uses him. From what I hear he's a lights out editor.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know him. I do know jerron. Shayne was with Jerron when the chopper went down in NM. That's all I got...

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I got the chance to hunt with Floyd when I went up to Buckhaven Learning center on the Wounded Warrior Hunt. Floyd is definitely a character. Helluva nice guy. I follow Detty Outdoors on FB, they seem pretty cool. Floyd filmed my hunt, along with a few others. I haven't seen the video yet, but he was pretty passionate about it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I hear he's the new up and coming video editor/EVERYTHING video-wise...I have seen some of his work and am very impressed. I need some video work done. Has anyone ever heard of him? If so, what do you know of him/Detty Outdoors (on the whole video side of things)?

I mean, just look at THIS (done by him) - it's WAAAY better work than what I've seen around the hunting community, and even on hunting TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3z5NNoK5c

checked it out and not really blown away but that's my opinion. It seems everyone is tryign to make hunting into some major undertaking that is some super hero event but every year huge deer are killed by everyday common men who mostly hunt "at the right time" . maybe im too realistic or been doing this deer hunting thing too long

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
The video looks like a show opening or commercial. While it has good effects and editing, that doesn't mean the show/videos will be any good. I don't need shows to be over dramatized and over edited. I just want to like the hosts and see some nice animals.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't need shows to be over dramatized and over edited. I just want to like the hosts and see some nice animals.

Yep. I hate the over the top shit. Don't need it. I'm looking for hosts that aren't douche bags and I want to learn something. Seeing quality animals is a given as well, but I need reality. I love Heartland Bowhunter, Midwest Whitetail, and Major League Bowhunter for those reasons. IMO, those are the best shows on outdoor TV.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
[/B]checked it out and not really blown away but that's my opinion. It seems everyone is tryign to make hunting into some major undertaking that is some super hero event but every year huge deer are killed by everyday common men who mostly hunt "at the right time" . maybe im too realistic or been doing this deer hunting thing too long

Agreed 100%

The editing is good, but way too dramatic. I don't need fire burning, dramatic music, and explosion sound effects with my hunting videos. Save that for the WWE.