Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great weekend camping

Well just made it home from another beautiful weekend camping in the smokies. Got in friday afternoon set up, built a fire and my girl and i set off for the river. Didnt take long to put two nice fattys in the bag and head back to camp. Burgers, hotdogs, and a ribeye on the grill for supper. I left out early saturday morning and caught a nice limit of healthy Cherokee rainbows. Felt good to put 10 in the creel. Got them cleaned up and in the grease some of them went for lunch......cant beat fresh fried trout filet. Went to the ice cream social in the camp ground which is always a favorite for our little girl. Spent the afternoon just enjoying each other company, the cool weather, and the fire. Chili and baked potatoes for supper really polished off the day. Woke up this morning and spent a few last minutes enjoying what the raven fork river had to offer and was not dissapointed. Overall great trip enjoying the outdoors, good food, and most of all my family. Hope you all enjoy.
BaCbzklt-239373867.jpg
cxHmSjtw-239346112.jpg
ftJaezwQ-239395359.jpg
ehnefH8M-239367952.jpg
GiQk9D8S-239354754.jpg
jR6CKju6-239319171.jpg
kER2XTTz-239298836.jpg
nqNxbgsN-239333251.jpg
qImgz5hl-239381763.jpg
WZk6DEzb-239311413.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
You are definately enjoying life.. Good for you.. Are those trout stocked?

You are definately enjoying life.. Good for you.. Are those trout stocked?
Yes sir they stock nice fish in cherokee. The stocking is regulated by the eastern band cherokee indians and they aim to please. Where georgia stocks a 9 inch trout cherokee stock fish normally range from 12-16 inches. I am trying my best to enjoy every minute of life. Im fortunate enough to have a 3 day weekend every other week and i do my best to take advantage of it.

Reactions: GoetsTalon