Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

great weekend at farm-

at1010

*Supporting Member*
For my Uncle.

Since I am living in Texas now, we will not be hunting are farm as much as years passed. My uncle this weekend checked all the cams, and foodplots. Well all the plots look pretty good, and the doe numbers seem WAY higher then ever before, getting pics of 5 does in a picture, just around a single mineral lick no corn out.

He also put out some corn in 2 different feeders, one is right off the back porch. Keep it there cause it is centralized on the property. When we are not there the deer will bed in the pines right next to the corn feeder. Helps some bucks survive.

Finally we had tons of pics. I have a reconxy, it took 9500 pictures in 4 weeks! I was pumped to here the cams were so active.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Pics from this weekenend.

IMG_8419.jpgIMG_5697.jpgIMG_5677.jpgIMG_1492.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0636.jpgIMG_0580.jpgIMG_0098 copy.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That's prime to be out there, Albert. Good luck!

thats the plan my man, never got to hunt that many days in a row during that part of the year. Hoping that big 8 I pictured above shows.

What do you all think of those deer, I just dont see shooters yet? I think the wide 8 is mature tho.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Looking good for ya!!

I have not killed a lot of big bucks, but I just dont see me killing anyone of these exept the wide 8.. Of course at 8am after 4 days of hunting my mind could change awful quick!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Honestly? With one week to hunt, unable to tend to the farm all year, and an opportunity at ANY decent buck. . . . you might just change your mind. lmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I missed it this year buddy! Maybe it will be the year I kill my biggest buck caust I aint in a contest! hahaha

Sign up for the alternate list.... I think you'll do fine and be able too contribute too a team that needs help....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Honestly? With one week to hunt, unable to tend to the farm all year, and an opportunity at ANY decent buck. . . . you might just change your mind. lmao

true, but my uncle is still helping me manage the farm,and with cell cams, its like I never left. I just hate to kill a deer just to kill one. Ill kill a doe or two come Dec. Again, after not hunting all year I pray that I keep my strength in deciding to shoot a buck or not.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a good attitude. I would say you will have the strength to hold off if your uncle is keeping an eye on things and you are seeing pics emailed to you. You should know roughly what is running the area I would think.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Sounds like a good attitude. I would say you will have the strength to hold off if your uncle is keeping an eye on things and you are seeing pics emailed to you. You should know roughly what is running the area I would think.

the main question tho would you shoot that 10pt? I think I say pass cause he could be a STUD in another year, but he is nice this year for a guy with my hunting background.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
the main question tho would you shoot that 10pt? I think I say pass cause he could be a STUD in another year, but he is nice this year for a guy with my hunting background.

If given the opportunity I am going to be siding on "shoot" for most deer unless you have the area tied up.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
been I agree, but I have also passed a lot of deer, and thats why this year I am having good ones showing up at the same time. I just have trouble deciding.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Albert, IMO shoot whatever makes ya happy! Very nice pull man! You have a great stretch of real good hunting to look forward to this season as well. Good luck this season!