Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great morning...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Riverdude and I had a great morning fishing about 10 miles out on Lake Erie for Walleye until the storms chased us in. We went out with Capt. Art Miller and the Lucky Strike!
http://www.lakeeriecaptain.com/
http://www.lake-erie-walleye-fishing-charters.com/

I highly recommend him. We had a moderately steady pace going as I said until the bad storm started coming in from the west and everyone headed in. Several large ones were boated but I ended up w/ a 29" one that will get me a pin in the Fish Ohio,Big fish club.

Dude and I had a great time while it lasted! TOO bad the day was cut short from the weather but its never worth the risk on Lake Erie. Thanks Jeff and Capt. Miller. :smiley_clap:

The last one about killed him lol

One of my keepers

Another one for the ice chest- 29"

The old men and the sea...

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I am so out of freaking shape, my arms were shacking and hurt like hell bringing them in! I think Big Bro and I got about 10 pounds of meat each of Walleye.

And what the fugg............I think CJD is putting some die in his beard, there is no way I should have more grey then he does, lol.

Had a great morning with ya Big Bro, glad we landed some fish.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great stuff guys! Were you trolling spoons, crankbaits, or harnesses? Trolling is a hell of a good time when you're catching fish... but damn it's a lot of work! lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks loke a lot of fun, we were up there last friday and caught 5-7 sheep head for every bass...... Lots of fun though..... Glad y'all had a good time.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Great stuff guys! Were you trolling spoons, crankbaits, or harnesses? Trolling is a hell of a good time when you're catching fish... but damn it's a lot of work! lol

Mostly diver plugs. I'm so glad I went. Just a great time!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad you guys had some time to get out of those stinky trailers and get together for a day of fun on the water. Looks like a good time and thanks for taking us all along with ya. Good job fellas.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have to admit that although I consider myself a fisherman, I have only chased the Walleye about 5-6 times in my life. I mostly have targeted LM Bass.
Yesterday I learned about Walleye Cheeks. I couldn't believe I had never known about that...

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I have to admit that although I consider myself a fisherman, I have only chased the Walleye about 5-6 times in my life. I mostly have targeted LM Bass.
Yesterday I learned about Walleye Cheeks. I couldn't believe I had never known about that...

Yup and we are going to be eating them Big Bro.