Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great Grandpas Gun.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Had a A-5 light twenty that had the friction ring placement directions glued inside the forearm like that. One thing you might want to check is behind the butt plate. Lot of old timers would put a note about the guns history in the hole behind it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Had a A-5 light twenty that had the friction ring placement directions glued inside the forearm like that. One thing you might want to check is behind the butt plate. Lot of old timers would put a note about the guns history in the hole behind it.
Thanks. Some more poking around revealed someone else who said the same. Must be factory.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m thinking you grandfather probably did it...
Sure got me to wondering. We're so used to factorues cutting corners these days that it's hard to imagine a manufacturer would take the time to do that. Looks to be factory.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sure got me to wondering. We're so used to factorues cutting corners these days that it's hard to imagine a manufacturer would take the time to do that. Looks to be factory.

I couldn’t expand it out to see what the actual paper said but one never knows I guess lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I couldn’t expand it out to see what the actual paper said but one never knows I guess lol
It's the setting for the recoil friction rings. Its an inertia gun qhere the wntire barrel recoils so you set them in different positions for light or heavy loads to control recoil

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It's the setting for the recoil friction rings. Its an inertia gun qhere the wntire barrel recoils so you set them in different positions for light or heavy loads to control recoil

My FIL had the Remington semi that did the same thing. I believe it was their first semi. Before the 11-87

tracker 6

In a thicket
Not really inertia, it's long recoil.J, that Remington was probably an Model 11,looks just like the Browning without the magazine cutoff , replaced by the model 11-48,which used pretty much the same design.And that piece of paper is factory.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not really inertia, it's long recoil.J, that Remington was probably an Model 11,looks just like the Browning without the magazine cutoff , replaced by the model 11-48,which used pretty much the same design.And that piece of paper is factory.

50 or 52 or 58 I’ll look in the morning to make sure... The barrel moves into the receiver about 2”

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Did you ever notice what the choke is? Don't forget to contact Browning for an owners manual
the barrel has two stars on it so I think from my reading thats a mod choke right. And thanks. I downloaded one from online

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Model 48 sportsman

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg