Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got $3,500 laying around?!?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I hunt out of an old broke down gravity wagon all the time. This reminds me that I need to replace the flooring I put in it. Starting to squeak.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Excellent point Brock. Which brings us to the point of why this has a niche market. The only reason (besides those so filthy rich and uneducated that "want one") I can foresee is for those hunting in an area with trespassers. there is the possibility that some may want something like this to blend in not so much to hide from the deer but to keep other hunters from finding it or hunting from their stand or blinds.

I don't know, i don't know of to many tree stumps that are 5' across and over 6' tall. That would stick out like a sore thumb unless you where hunting in the redwood forrest.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I guarantee you i could hide just as well in my camo ford aspire as i could in a giant tree stump. As long as it doesnt move and doesnt smell, the deer will get used to it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree with Joe. This almost has to smell of plastic. Will have to say it looks pretty neat until you get to the price.

If they'll eat from plastic feeders, they'll get used to this. It won't wreak forever either. And who's to say plastic is a smell they find dangerous?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If they'll eat from plastic feeders, they'll get used to this. It won't wreak forever either. And who's to say plastic is a smell they find dangerous?

It's not really dangerous.. But there is a difference between a plastic drum, a nylon blind, and a 300 pound hunk of plastic big enough for all the keebler elves.. It's thicker walled so it will take longer for the chemicals to evaporate out of the plastic. I bet it will have that "New blind" smell for a good while.. The real thing is, this sucker isn't portable. So really it is designed to be a stationary fixture.. One that deer will have to get accustomed to.. We'll hell.. If that's the case, it doesn't need to look like a tree at all.. You could put a 6x5 metal storage shed there for 350 bucks and the deer would get accustomed to it..

You could buy 10 of these for that price and spray paint them.. Put a cot in it.. Some shelves for magazines, hell, even a full lazy boy recliner. lol

Or

1 of these

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yessir. Buy a decent amount of lumber for $3500. Metal will be noisy on the inside. Might as well build some out of lumber to keep the doors quiet. Might have to chase more bugs out, but it would work. Or as someone else suggested using portojohns. Bus stops? Used truck caps on a platform for a roof with some plywood sides? Countless ways to build a blind in my opinion. I will admit though, the one in this post is pretty cool. I think I am going to start producing my tree house in mass production. Ship them out all over the country. If you are going to hunt in comfort, you might as well stay at the Hilton. That reminds me, I need to get the siding done on this thing.

Attachments

• TH ext.jpg
    TH ext.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 166
  • TH wood burner.jpg
    TH wood burner.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 135

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Id be more afraid of one tresspasser saying to the other just after he dropped his gun.."Better see if my gun is still on"...Other trespasser.."Yeah..you better..See if you can hit that stump over there"

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Id be more afraid of one tresspasser saying to the other just after he dropped his gun.."Better see if my gun is still on"...Other trespasser.."Yeah..you better..See if you can hit that stump over there"

Lmao Paul! .........yeah, aim for that knot hole.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If I saw that in the woods I would take a poop in it... Not often you get to poop in a stump.

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
I saw some of those things first hand in Harrisburg this year. Pretty friggin cool actually. No way in hell I'd ever spend that kind of money but it is a cool concept.