Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordos 2011 Hunting Log

Gordo

Athens County
Thanks. Always feels good to get one under the belt before the rut really kicks in.

Gonna go do some scouting today/maybe stand hanging.

Gonna also shoot a shit ton of arrows.

Gordo

Athens County
Went and scouted and hung a new set this afternoon. Was hoping to find some scrapes, but no luck.

I was kicking myself in the ass on the way home for not hunting this afternoon.

At this point there's only one buck I know of on the property I hunt the most thats a shooter. Man I wish another 1 or 2 shooters would show up.

Its kind of frusturating because I'm scouting more than I'm hunting this year and am trying to figure out the best way to kill the one buck I'm after. Hopefully I kill him once things get steamy.

I did put another cam out at a new property on thursday. I'm hoping to add at least ONE more buck to the hit list that I can go after.

At a weird point, cant really explain it. Either way at the end of this week its time to start logging hours on stand. Not gonna kill shit from the couch

Gordo

Athens County
Going to check a cam at a different property and maybe hang a stand depending on what it shows this afternoon.

Looking like tommorow morning should be perfect for sneaking into a spot at the main farm. The millenium is already in place along a brushy creek bottom with 3 major crossings within 125 yards. The plan is to get there early and catch'em going back to bed.

The only prob with this stand is getting in/out undetected. I'll walk the creek where its possible. This spot has been pretty much untouched along with the rest of this property. Its time to get after it.

Hoping to catch a glimpse of the rut getting rolling.

Gordo

Athens County
Game on. Today starts my 'get serious' part of the season where ill hunt my ass off every free moment i get. Feeling jacked up for this mornings hunt.

Gordo

Athens County
Skunked for the first time this year. Fun morning to b out with lighting and a great sunrise.

Found my first scrapes. Had to be from last night/early this morning. Thats a good sighn!

Back at it in the morning. Same prop but ill b in one of my other sets.

Gordo

Athens County
Great morning with some chasing from a small buck and saw shit tons of does which is great.

This afternoon hunt saw one of the bucks from this morning and a different dink. Both realaxed and feeding as usual.

Morning off tommorow. Back at it in the afternoon.

Gordo

Athens County
No hunt tonight, but i have an hour to spend at the main farm right now as the daily grind put me in the area. Gonna take advantage of it and do a quick scout to see what stand to hunt in the morning.

Gordo

Athens County
Found 4 small scrapes around one of my stands and that was it.

Will prob sit there in the morning. Its a stand that is easily overlooked. i helped the land owner put it up years ago, before i even hunted this properry.

I can count on one hand the amount of times ive hunted it in 3 years!

Worth a shot!

Gordo

Athens County
Got the old man rolling in about 5am tommorow morning. Plan is to do all day sits at the main farm through sunday.

Im hoping one of us can burn our buck tag.

Tommorow morning the pops will be in a hot stand thats been the hub of deer activity on these 200+ acres.

Not sure what stand ill be in. Ill see how im feeling about it in the morning.

Ill keep it posted.

Good luck!

Gordo

Athens County
Dang man, it is around here TOO. You're in Athens Co. right?

Yep. 24 hours on stand between the both of us today. No deer seen till last 5 minutes of shooting light. Not the day i was expecting.

I never have luck in high winds, but being the first week of november i expected alot better of a day.

It seemed the does all stayed in there beds and the bucks could give a shit.