Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good outcome on tracor repair

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had a rear tire on my older tractor leaking fluid so call tractor tire repair company to do service call.
$65 service call, $75 per hour labor charge.
Figured needed new tube and fluid drained and replaced. They estimated 3 plus hours.
Turned out just the valve stems were eat up from the calcuim fluid over 15 yrs.

$65 service call and $10 for 2 valve stem cores for both rear tires. So only $75 total.
A good day.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A few years ago a goat we had got loose in the barn and chewed the valve stems off of both rear tires of the tractor. Luckily had a friend that replaced the tubes cheap.
I can only imagine your response when seeing that. "Are you kidding me. Seriously. I mean come on. Oh wow! Both of them! Really!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I can only imagine your response when seeing that. "Are you kidding me. Seriously. I mean come on. Oh wow! Both of them! Really!

You know I did ask him if that was enough. He said 'sure I won't charge any hourly rate on a quick job this easy'. Told him they will get all the future business I can send their way.

My response was a little more colorful than that since I was rushing to get grass cut. Was further irritated when my fiend showed up for the repair and couldn't stop laughing for 1/2 an hour. Gave the goat away that weekend.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My response was a little more colorful than that since I was rushing to get grass cut. Was further irritated when my fiend showed up for the repair and couldn't stop laughing for 1/2 an hour. Gave the goat away that weekend.

You're a better man than I lol....
I'd of buried the bastard lol