Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Goals for this year

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I plan to get out of bed most of the days I have the alarm set. Beyond that, everything else will just be icing on the cake.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Have fun and be safe. That's at the top of the list.

Going to go after one of the older more mature bucks this year. Just have to see who survived for this fall. We found one of the big boys dead and I believe another was hit by a car just after shedding. Just need to keep on the cams and see who is around to chase after. Last year was a suprise buck and the dry spell needed to go away lol.

Going to take my cams and time and get Dante on a good schedule and travel pattern to put Angel on the ground this season. We seen this buck a couple days ago and he will be a stud this year.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My #1 goal this year is the same as every year... Kill a mature buck and put a few does in the freezer. Having fun is something I've never had a problem with while hunting, so that one's a given.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im not real sure if I will set any goals or not this year. I just got into the running cameras last year and got some great pics of some nice deer so Im gonna stick with just trying to plunk something I have pics of and is bigger then the ones Ive got in the previous years.

Huckleberry Finn

Get a text from Huntn2 with an Ohio deer in it...dead!

I think I met all of my goals last year and surpassed them. I want to improve my shooting, learn the tree stand game, make wise investments, hunt the opening morning of shotgun season for the first time in 4 years, and that's about it...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Get a text from Huntn2 with an Ohio deer in it...dead!

I think I met all of my goals last year and surpassed them. I want to improve my shooting, learn the tree stand game, make wise investments, hunt the opening morning of shotgun season for the first time in 4 years, and that's about it...

Haha...thanks Steve! Fuggin OH deer sure have my number!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Spend as much time as I can enjoying the outdoors, and spend the rest of it enjoying being a new dad (due in 7 days). Although my time in the field will most likely be trimmed down, I'm really looking forward to this year.

Hoping to at least put one in the freezer for meat, but will still hold out for a mature buck regardless of the time I have available.

#1 goal - relax and enjoy it!

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Get to the stand earlier. I noticed last year that the earlier I got to the stand the more deer I saw right at daylight. I never got to the stand with what I would consider late. I'm usually in the tree a good 30 min before shooting light. Which is about the time you can notice the horizon get a tad lighter. I want to be in the stand a good hour before sunrise next season.

This is my goal as well. I think I missed out on some good opportunities lady season in an attempt to grab an extra 30 min sleep. It's dumb because once I'm up I'm all fired up. My goal is to get my feet on the floor when the alarm goes off the first time. The rest will be easy!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Shoot the first buck that presents a good shot and tickles my fancy. Not going to be picky like in the past. Any decent buck is going down...it has been so long.

I need 3 does in the freezer just don't want to shoot them in my parts...going to have to hunt Warsaw area more this year.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Shoot the first buck that presents a good shot and tickles my fancy. Not going to be picky like in the past. Any decent buck is going down...it has been so long.

I need 3 does in the freezer just don't want to shoot them in my parts...going to have to hunt Warsaw area more this year.

Oct. TOO outing in S.O. will fill a few tags....Just sayin :)

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Goals for me are to get my 7 year old daughter a shot at a deer during bow season and get my son a shot at a deer or 2 also.

twireman

Kingston, OH
I would say my goals are to really enjoy the season. This is the first in 5 years i've been closer to my parents land. My inlaws farm is in soybeans this year and he had an extra 15 acres planted. Looking forward to seeing some late August velvet bucks in the fields. I really don't know what this season holds with the new baby and all but I will make every second that I can count.