Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Go Pro Hero3 Should I do it?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How about the Spypoint XCEL HD action camera?
I was going to buy the GoPro Hero3 but my son had a new Playback action camera given to him so I'm going with that this year.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've got one on order from Cabela's as well. That's a hard deal to pass up, and I had some gift cards to burn.

Wanted a good waterproof camera for taking pics from the kayak. This will work great for that, plus filming all kinds of stuff.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
That hero 3 is amazing!! If I had the spare cash I would have already had it. I have reg. Go Pro, and after you run it for a while, you realize you need a remote option

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Heck YES!!!

Here's the plan...

Buy it, but choose the customer pick up option.

I'll pick it up at the Cabela's in Columbus to save you money on shipping.

Then I'll test it out for a few months for you and let you know if it's worth the $$

:smiley_cheers:

teej89

NE PA
;) I'm full of something...

I just remembered teej89 is in Columbus TOO, so that just blew up my idea. Dang it.

you almost had me sold on the idea loL! I basically a regular at the columbus Cabelas lol it's <10 miles away, WAY too close for comfort.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am sending a middle finger your way teejay! I am going to have to use some serious self restraint to keep from clicking on your link. I like to film in the stand. When a deer comes in the camera goes away though. One of these could change that and for that I must use self restraint. Gee thanks Teejay.:tantrum::smiley_cry::smiley_crocodile:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I am sending a middle finger your way teejay! I am going to have to use some serious self restraint to keep from clicking on your link. I like to film in the stand. When a deer comes in the camera goes away though. One of these could change that and for that I must use self restraint. Gee thanks Teejay.:tantrum::smiley_cry::smiley_crocodile:

DITTO, Same here Phil! What the heck....I'm clicking it!:pickle:

teej89

NE PA
DITTO, Same here Phil! What the heck....I'm clicking it!:pickle:

hahaha! cabelas is gonna be like man we got a bunch of orders for gopros form ohio today. You're welcome Cabelas.

I'm still kicking around the idea of buying it tho lol

teej89

NE PA
I guess my thing with the gopros are there is no picture window to view what you're recording right?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I guess my thing with the gopros are there is no picture window to view what you're recording right?
You can by an LCD viewer that attaches to it. You can also download an app where you can preview the shot, but you can't watch the recording from your phone.

teej89

NE PA
You can by an LCD viewer that attaches to it. You can also download an app where you can preview the shot, but you can't watch the recording from your phone.

how's it for sound quality? And how far out can you get a clear image on a deer?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
If you are worried about that stuff, you are better off spending that money on a HD camcorder. These cameras aren't built for filming hunts. They are a great addition though.

There are all kinds of video reviews out there on YouTube. Watch a few, look up some from bow hunts.

teej89

NE PA
If you are worried about that stuff, you are better off spending that money on a HD camcorder. These cameras aren't built for filming hunts. They are a great addition though.

There are all kinds of video reviews out there on YouTube. Watch a few, look up some from bow hunts.

Alright that's what I was getting at. I'm more in need of a camcorder right now. I will get a gopro eventually but I think I'm gonna get a decent HD camcorder first.

Thanks Flute!