Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.....gnihtemoS wonK I

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Fugg you Nate. Lucky ass bastard. Never sets foot on this piece of AEP, and slams a beauty. All kidding aside, I can vouch for how much Nate puts into his hunting. Dude drives from Perrysburg to almost Lima every weekend to hunt. Last 2 years he's held out for something bigger than what he had ever taken. I would rather he got this deer than me get a biggun. I knew it would just be a matter of time before it came together. Never thought it would be on a whim of a trip. Congrats Buddy

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Thanks red, it's been a long time coming. I took what i knew about hunting public land from years ago. You have to put the leather on the ground and go where others won't. The drag out was awful, but that's what it takes. I'll tell you this, hunting the hills of southern ohio is entirely different than the flat, small wood blocks we typically hunt. I spent the first day with the climber on my back walking and scouting. I ended up 1.2 miles back and found a good tree in a saddle. Took 45 minutes to get in there this morning. All you guys from the southern counties, i have to hand it to you. Even though i drug out a deer, it was humbling. I'm ready to get back to the flats! !

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
What a great looking Buck taken on P. Land, way to go and Congrats!! It was said earlier but I will say it again, that is one hell of a hole in that deer!!!